Gutsy, Gritty Effort Ruined by Lack of Finishing...

matter2003

First of all, we should have jumped all over the Hurricanes hen they switched back to sucky Ward in period 2, not let them back in the game with stupid plays, not clearing the puck and not picking up guys in the slot...

Then, in period 3, how does Afinigenov not score?? He has done that move 50 times and like 48 of them he scores on...

Hecht has the wide open 5-hole to win it OT and he shoots off his leg...

Should we have won, absolutely, but I think it also shows that Carolina has some good character players to kep coming back like that...

This is still a series that should go to game 7...I don't see Carolina walking in here and winning after Buffalo knows they outplayed them and lost with a patchwork lineup...

Its just really too bad that we can't ever know what would have happened with these 2 teams at full strength, because I think with what I've seen we would have b*tchslapped the Canes with both teams at full strength, even with Cole...

Time to win game 6 and put the pressure on Carolina at home in game 7...

First of all, we should have jumped all over the Hurricanes hen they switched back to sucky Ward in period 2, not let them back in the game with stupid plays, not clearing the puck and not picking up guys in the slot...

Then, in period 3, how does Afinigenov not score?? He has done that move 50 times and like 48 of them he scores on...

Hecht has the wide open 5-hole to win it OT and he shoots off his leg...

Should we have won, absolutely, but I think it also shows that Carolina has some good character players to kep coming back like that...

This is still a series that should go to game 7...I don't see Carolina walking in here and winning after Buffalo knows they outplayed them and lost with a patchwork lineup...

Its just really too bad that we can't ever know what would have happened with these 2 teams at full strength, because I think with what I've seen we would have b*tchslapped the Canes with both teams at full strength, even with Cole...

Time to win game 6 and put the pressure on Carolina at home in game 7...

As a Canes fan I will say only this about Afinogenov - he is low on the list of Sabres who scare me and he refuses to fight through a check.

As far as Ward being 'sucky' well his performance speaks for itself - if that's sucky, I'll take it.

This series has lived up to its billing and has been, hands-down, the best of the playoffs. Game 6 will continue the trend I am sure.

The Goat

Goat, all I can say is I just really wish both teams were at full strength...

I know it sounds like a cop out, but if Buffalo can win the series with 3 AHL defensemen it would have to go down as one of the grittiest, gutsiest series wins in NHL history...

I'm not saying they can't but, it'll be difficult...

hope Numinnen can make it back for game 6...that would be a huge boost...

Goat, all I can say is I just really wish both teams were at full strength...

I know it sounds like a cop out, but if Buffalo can win the series with 3 AHL defensemen it would have to go down as one of the grittiest, gutsiest series wins in NHL history...

I'm not saying they can't but, it'll be difficult...

hope Numinnen can make it back for game 6...that would be a huge boost...

I agree and what you're saying does not sound like a cop-out.

Players and coaches always say 'you can't use injuries as an excuse' well that may be true for them but as a fan I don't think there is any ignoring the reality that without some bad luck things could look very different right now for a number of teams.

For a number of reasons I would love to have seen Cole in this series and would prefer that Buffalo had all of the defenders as well. No fan likes to see players injured.

If Teppo comes back it could change the tone of the series. If he doesn't , the Sabres ice the same team that came within a hair's breath of winning in overtime tonight. Either way this series is not over.

The Goat

If Max dekes or shoots the puck 12 inches off the ice it's a goal. Hecht tips the puck right back at the goalie instead of tipping it towards the corner of the net. Very bitter pill to swallow. :(

from the cheap seats it looked like puck rode up the blade on Max and he couldnt really get it up in the air.

Dumont is not showing any effort right now and the Sabres forwards once again made bonehead plays and lack of back checking, but Fitzpatrick letting canes just waltz in on power play and than doesnt even go to dig puck out from behind his own net in OT is the reason this team lost last night.

If Max dekes or shoots the puck 12 inches off the ice it's a goal. Hecht tips the puck right back at the goalie instead of tipping it towards the corner of the net. Very bitter pill to swallow. :(

If.............If.................If the Queen had a penis, she'd be King. ;)

All I know is we lost and it sucks two-peckered Tijuana billygoats with piss-hardons.

Briere, Dumont, and Miller better pick up their play tomorrow or we'll have a summer's worth of lamenting all the what ifs. :angry:

I want a freakin' Stanley Cup, !!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Archived