What would the press say if Miller got injured...

PromoTheRobot

That Regier was foolish for trading away a solid back-up when he might have needed him for the playoffs? This whole "what if" game is a joke! It's what makes me want to strangle reporters and columnists. These guys are always right, aren't they? If they're so freakin' smart, why aren't they running their own teams, or at the very least setting up their own psychic hotlines?

PTR

I agree - couldn't agree more.

I don't believe in the whole deadline thing, but I still think that going into the season with 6 d-men and Fitzy as no. 7 is playing one guy short.

I agree. I would have liked to pick up one more defenseman just as much as anyone else. But I think it's a joke to say that Darcy dropped the ball. Does anyone honestly think he sat there on March 9 and did nothing? I think the deal he wanted just wasn't there. If he's earned anything this year, it's the benefit of the doubt. He put together a team that got 110 points, and is 2 wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals right now. I hate to break it to the critics, but that is not a fluke.

I think Biron was kept around as insurance in case the rookie stumbled. Let's not forget that Miller's game went downhill after the Olympic break. Keeping Marty made even more sense when Miller's game contined to drop off after the deadline. Many people will forget that until late in the season when Miller came around, Ruff was acting like it was an open audition for the starting job.

I think Regier, and Golisano to some extent, get a pass here. But this offseason, the defense does need some shoring up for sure. Will Teppo be back? Is Jay McKee going to be resigned? Questions for another day...

I think Biron was kept around as insurance in case the rookie stumbled. Let's not forget that Miller's game went downhill after the Olympic break. Keeping Marty made even more sense when Miller's game contined to drop off after the deadline. Many people will forget that until late in the season when Miller came around, Ruff was acting like it was an open audition for the starting job.

I think Regier, and Golisano to some extent, get a pass here. But this offseason, the defense does need some shoring up for sure. Will Teppo be back? Is Jay McKee going to be resigned? Questions for another day...

And I said from the start of the slump that Miller would bounce back.

Archived