Some thoughts on this series

rickshaw

After last night's game the Score (Cdn Sports Channel) started off their piece about the game by saying "The upstart Sabres"..........

How is it when one team has 112 points and the other has 110, the team with 110 is upstart?

Anyway, I still find it remarkable that the opposition still sounds as if this series is a done deal and that they'll win it in due time. Just like the Flyers and Sens before them, the Canes sound exactly the same.

Stillmann after the game basically said it was their own fault they lost, not Buffalo's game. Weight (I HATE HIM) said they dominated the 3rd period. Um, for the first 15 minutes the Sabres were basically skating down everyone and not allowing any clear shots on goal. It was going smoothly until the penalty on Lydman. How is that being dominated? In fact I was very comfortable watching the 3rd up until the last 5 minutes. Buffalo had a 2 goal lead and did what they had to do.

I hope the other team keeps thinking this is done. It may very well be if Buffalo keeps losing defencemen, but until I see 4 wins beside the Canes' name, I'll take Buffalo's position in the series any day.

I wonder if it frustrates the players as much as the fans? I hope they continue feeding off the disrespect they get from all around.

Hopefully we can pull out the win on Friday, and then get some bodies back to finish these guys off.

Good points...the Sabres continue to get no respect, and I kind of like it that way. A couple Canes fans I am chatting with on another board haven't been jerks, but they have the same "its just a matter of time till the Canes win the series" mentality. Since the announcement of Tallinder's injury, it seems to have gotten worse. Anyway I am praying Buffalo takes game 4 and grabs the 3-1 lead, so they can close out Carolina in Raleigh, and make their fans watch the "better team" skate off to the golf course.

BTW - Maybe someone should replace Weight's Hurricanes jersey with a Team USA jersey - then we know for sure that he'll disappear from the rest of the series...

Funny how they "dominated" us in the 3rd period while we were playing 20 minutes of defense. Of course they spent a lot of time in our zone! And then they could only score with Tallinder injured and Lydman in the box.

Am I worried? Sure, but I know the team will bring it tomorrow night as well. Hopeful, as usual.

the thing about the depth at defense is that our forwards play such a good defensive game that it won't be such a drop off as it may seem. Lindy will have to make adjustments, and if the sabres do win, expect them to be "outplayed" again because of t he defensive ga,me that the forwards will play... However, the X factor is the psyche of the canes... who's to say that they won't be gripping their sticks extra tight tomorrow?? what if they get down by a goal?? take a stupid penalty that results in a goal? there's more to this game than an injury to a defenseman.

This is the Stanley Cup. Sure we'd like to have all our guys, but we don't.

But if you think the guys won't dig in all the more, then you're (canes) mistaken.

If we win all our home games from here on out, we win the Cup!

I guess I don't take offense to the word upstart. Hell, we all know they are upstarts. When the season began, many were calling for the Head Coach's head. No one, and I mean no one could have predicted a 100 point season. So they are upstarts. And which fan doesn't consider their team to be better than the opposing team? Which team doesn't believe they are better? If they lose it is more their own fault than what the other team did? There's nothing here but reality.

Archived