what about Jeff Jillson?

northersabre

I would think that the order would be Janik, Paetsch, and then Jillson. Janik and Paetsch both had good +/- and are better skaters than Jillson.

I was under the impression that skating was one of Jillson's positives. The only problem is his head was never in the game. I don't think you will see Jillson back with the Amerks next year.

I was under the impression that skating was one of Jillson's positives. The only problem is his head was never in the game. I don't think you will see Jillson back with the Amerks next year.

The couple of Amerks games I went to this year, Jillson was horrible. He turned the puck over A LOT. I would be very surprised if he got a call before Janik or Paetsch.

The couple of Amerks games I went to this year, Jillson was horrible. He turned the puck over A LOT. I would be very surprised if he got a call before Janik or Paetsch.

I remember when the Sabres acquired Jillson, there were people syaing he had the talent to be a NHL all-star. :lol:

I remember when the Sabres acquired Jillson, there were people syaing he had the talent to be a NHL all-star. :lol:

Yeah, apparently he has some decent physical skills, but I have seen nothing to suggest he has the mental skills to be anything more than an AHL journeyman.

Having heard all the "good" stuff about him, it is very frustrating to watch him play.

Yeah, that was my impression. I went to about 10 games this year, and he was always seemed to be more of a liability on the ice than anything. He always seems decent using his size to grind in the corners, but Paetsch and Janik are much better skaters. I would be surprised to see him up in Buffalo next year, unless there is a need due to injury. Again, these are more based on my observations at the games I've been to, more than stats are scouting reports.

Archived