Ruff expects Connolly to play against Hurricanes

RVJ

I'd be pleasantly surprised, but if Connolly cannot even make a plane trip, how on earth is he going to play in a hockey game with violent hitting occurring all game long. :blink:

Maybe he stayed back just to be extra careful? Who knows he could already be skating here in Buffalo. ;)

I'd be pleasantly surprised, but if Connolly cannot even make a plane trip, how on earth is he going to play in a hockey game with violent hitting occurring all game long. :blink:

There was an article in Buffalo News saying that plane trips really made players with head injuries have set backs. I guess the air pressure and all that. God I hate to fly! Remember Mogilney and air travel? :blink:

They could have driven him down to Carolina!

That is still a day's travel by land... Why break up the routine and create the travel upheaval by doing this... Especially when there is only ONE day in between game 2 and game 3?

They made the right choice and had him stay put... He gets better sleep and is more relaxed... Can stay focused (given the injury, he really needs that).

The Sabres only need to split in Carolina and take the "home ice" back (which they did)... Going into game 2, look for them to try and "steal" two in NC... Just like the Oilers did.

The Oilers rested Torres and (the name escapes me) when they had the "flu."

Again, the Sabres primary mission is to split... Of course they want two and will try damn hard... It isn't worth the logistic mess and break in routine for TC to be in game 1 and 2...

I know Ottawa thought they could get by Buffalo with Emery... Hasek is a whole 'nother "head case"... My guess TC's injury is more serious (from a life and death angle) than Hasek's... My guess is that TC will do everything in his power to play and not "milk it" like Dom seemed to be doing?

Every indication seems to be pointing to his return. Buffalo already got the "split" and want the game two also...

I see them coming out hungry (especially after alowing that shorthanded goal late). They will press, I hope...

If this quote doesn't say it all about the Sabres... And I hope they are reading...

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. - Thomas Jefferson

It really isn't luck... It is the hard work.

There is also a good Joseph Addison quote out there about luck and hard work... A hard working person never blames his failure on bad luck.

:D

Archived