No Stars on the Sabres?

matter2003

Briere played 48 games and scored 58 points for 1.21 points per game, which put him 10th in the NHL...

Over a full season, it would have equated to 99 Points, which I think would have more than qualified him as a star...

So for those who say we have no stars...I beg to differ...

You certainly don't need to convince any of us that Danny is a true NHL superstar. Cases can also be made for Drury, for his game winning heroics, as well as several young guys just on the cusp. Ryan Miller, depending on just how far this team goes, could really be elevated to superstar status ala Patrick Roy after his rookie year/hoisting of Le Coupe de Stanley. Teppo Numminen and Jay McKee have always been regarded as top players at their position but they don't score 80 points so they don't get the recognition. Afinogenov, Lydman and Tallinder have really raised their games this year and it should be reflected in their paychecks next year just how valuable they are. Tim Connolly has absolutely reached a level just below Danny. He doesn't score as many goals but the ones he does put away absolutely blow you away. All in all, I think we will look back at this team as a huge collection of young talent all coming into their own at the same time.

Archived