OT: NLL Finals Gm2: Albany @ Bandits, Saturday 5/18/24 WNLO, ESPN+, TSN, WGR 550 7:30pm

17 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Yaaaaaa!!!!

Back to back champions!! Game was pretty much never in doubt...Albany got it close a few times but Bandits responded like true champions and widened it back to 6 goals late in the game and it was pretty much done at that point...

Love this team...they are special...4 straight times to the Finals winning the last 2...too bad the Bills couldn't have taken a page from that book...

And Covid cost them a realistic chance at going 5 for 5 to the Championship round and possibly a 3rd Championship in that stretch.

• Agree 1

On 5/18/2024 at 10:09 AM, JohnC said:

Was that a full-capacity crowd last night? 

Yes...the Bandits averaged higher attendance than the Sabres this year at 16.5K a game and 18K for the playoffs including a full house last night.

By far the highest attendance in the NLL. Calgary was in 2nd place at a little over 11K per game. The only 2 teams with more than double digit attendance average.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Guava said:

Yes...the Bandits averaged higher attendance than the Sabres this year at 16.5K a game and 18K for the playoffs including a full house last night.

By far the highest attendance in the NLL. Calgary was in 2nd place at a little over 11K per game. The only 2 teams with more than double digit attendance average.

That is crazy but that is what winning will do. Terry you can make money if you build a winner...

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Congrats to buffalo but I have zero clue about lacrosse would this be considered AHL League kind of thing

No it's pro lacrosse, so it's like the NHL version. I don't think there is an AHL version of lacrosse.

Bandit games are BY FAR the most fun sporting events I have ever been at with constant end to end action.

Basically it's like a version of hockey from the 1980s with tons of scoring and offense on steroids 

Edited by Big Guava

6 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

So happy that the games were on espn+!!! This team made it look easy all playoff long!! Congrats for 2 in  row!! 

Each of the last 2 seasons (at least) every game leaguewide was on ESPN+.  A handful made it to ESPN2 or ESPNU, but even those would be ESPN+ games as well.  Am expecting (hoping?) they'll all be on ESPN+ next year as well; but have no idea what sort of contract the NLL & the Mouse agreed to.

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Each of the last 2 seasons (at least) every game leaguewide was on ESPN+.  A handful made it to ESPN2 or ESPNU, but even those would be ESPN+ games as well.  Am expecting (hoping?) they'll all be on ESPN+ next year as well; but have no idea what sort of contract the NLL & the Mouse agreed to.

I just put the question to a family member that works in the league and the current ESPN+ contract has one year left. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Big Guava said:

No it's pro lacrosse, so it's like the NHL version. I don't think there is an AHL version of lacrosse.

Bandit games are BY FAR the most fun sporting events I have ever been at with constant end to end action.

Basically it's like a version of hockey from the 1980s with tons of scoring and offense on steroids 

Actually there is a minor level box lacrosse league. There are several franchises in NYS.  https://nabll.com/

Edited by PromoTheRobot