Sens Fans happy with Emery's play tonite....

matter2003

Sens fans must be really down on Emery, most are saying that he played very well, but that they shouldn't fool themselves, the Sabres missed a lot of opportunities to score that they usually don't.

Guys, don't kid yourselves. Emery did play well no doubt but Buffalo failed to go high on him on their attempts i.e. Afinagenov, Dumont late in the game. Drury went high early in the game too.

I think they are seeing this performance as a fluke by Emery and that he will revert to his old form in Game 5...

Sens fans must be really down on Emery, most are saying that he played very well, but that they shouldn't fool themselves, the Sabres missed a lot of opportunities to score that they usually don't.

Guys, don't kid yourselves. Emery did play well no doubt but Buffalo failed to go high on him on their attempts i.e. Afinagenov, Dumont late in the game. Drury went high early in the game too.

I think they are seeing this performance as a fluke by Emery and that he will revert to his old form in Game 5...

I was there and I thought Emery was outstanding. He was shaky early in the sense that he made easy saves seem hard, but his instincts were great and he made a few huge saves on forthcoming goals.

Emery has been fine after the first game... The 2nd and third games we did not capitalize, end of story. I have confidence in him, the rest of the team, maybe not so much.

He relies on his athleticism way too much while getting way out of position in the process. I can't remember seeing a wide open net as much as I have in this series. That being said, he has been playing better each game and the last thing the Sabres need is a Goalie getting hot.

He relies on his athleticism way too much while getting way out of position in the process. I can't remember seeing a wide open net as much as I have in this series. That being said, he has been playing better each game and the last thing the Sabres need is a Goalie getting hot.

I stand by my earlier post (whenever that was) that Emery is not at fault for alot of the goals against him in this series. The Sabre 2 on 1's were lethal... I couldn't help but notice the only 2 on 1 last night was broken up by Volchenkov I think. Although he was also in on the Sabres goal as well when Briere did the wrap around. Volky needs to stop playing goaltender and let emery do his thing. Yes there were times there was a gapping cage available for the Sabres to score...but I saw a couple available at the Sabre end as well.

Considering we have two teams with rookie/future star goalies....Isn't it amazing all the games have been decided by 1 goal.

So now we move to game 5.... I didn't think it would happen but the Sens found some heart and brought it last night. Thank god...all those brooms, cocked and ready to go would have been horrible feeling for us Sens Fans if the sweep occured.

The best part is , we get to watch these to teams do battle again on Sat.

Archived