Sam Reinhart - 50 goal scorer

Big Guava

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Didn’t Bots bridge him?  I am confused as to why Adams would do that.  

JBot gave him a two year bridge.  Kevyn Adams gave him a one year bridge. 

To me that was the first signal that Kevyn was about to blow everything up.  I believe he intended to move the old core including Eichel right from the start, and signing Sam to the 1 year deal was the opening salvo in the remake of the team.  I think at that point it wasn't so much that Sam wanted out as it was he'd been told by management (via the 1 year contract) that he wasn't going to be with the team long term.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Given the glacial pace of team building, I have to consider if KA didn’t think Sam fit the timeline.

He already knew that he was going to rebuild and that Sam wasn't part of it.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:29 AM, sabrefanday1 said:

Isn't it his contract year? How many times have we seen that...player has huge year gets big contract and all life happily ever after (except of course their production then drops way off and they are traded for a bag of hockey pucks and someone to be named later to Arizona with some other team retaining half the 

Off the top of my head,  didn't tampa sign their top players to big contracts and win a couple cups and still have those guys playing at a high level,  Winnipeg this past off season did the same and they're having a great season.  So,  how many times have we seen it?