Cup Question

GrimFandango

I am just curious how the whole name thing works with the cup... I know players and coaches are engraved onto the cup... but are all the players engraved on there? Is it only players that played in the cup series, or only players that played in the playoffs? Like if Connolly comes back tonight and Novotny only played one game, does he go on the cup? What about Peters, or Mair. Even Paille who played multiple games during the regular season but none in the playoffs. Are GM's also engraved? Hate to ask this question and make it sound like we have already won something... but this applies to all teams who have had injuries, scratches, etc.

Sort of sucks for people like peters who have been on the roster all year. I would they think they would have to count Biron's dresses as appearances, otherwise i don't think he has played 40 games yet.

I would think that Bron being a backup would count. Anyone who dresses for a game I think would count.

Sort of sucks for people like peters who have been on the roster all year. I would they think they would have to count Biron's dresses as appearances, otherwise i don't think he has played 40 games yet.

35 for Biron. IF the Sabres were to be so lucky to even consider this (looking too far ahead here!), I'm sure Lindy would get Biron ice time, as he is dressed for games.

just seems a bit unfair... having sat the bench on two varsity sports in high school, i would feel terrible if i was there all season like Fitzpatrick, and Peters and not played enough games to get my name on the trophy that we worked as a team for. I guess a line needs to be drawn somewhere though...

35 for Biron. IF the Sabres were to be so lucky to even consider this (looking too far ahead here!), I'm sure Lindy would get Biron ice time, as he is dressed for games.

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/forums/lofivers...php/t23395.html

not an official source, but this guy claims the same as me - no way a goalie dresses for 100 games and does not get his name on the cup, regardless of games actually played.

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/forums/lofivers...php/t23395.html

not an official source, but this guy claims the same as me - no way a goalie dresses for 100 games and does not get his name on the cup, regardless of games actually played.

I read in that same thread, you dress for a cup game, its the same as playing. So much history to that trophy and the way things are done... cool stuff, thanks for the help on the links SDS

OLN did a Stanley Cup Facts snippet, where they said that 13 teams fit on a band, and each team can add up to 53 or 56 (my memory's a bit foggy here, it went by fast) names. So my guess is with that much room, the League is probably pretty liberal in letting teams add who they want to Cup, as long as the player is a legit member of the team.

Although league officials in Toronto might hold Peters golf swing against him, if the Sabres win it all, (hockey gods willing). :lol:

Archived