GDT: Islanders @ Sabres, Oct. 21, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just a quick note: Dahlin is quietly the Sabres’ leading scorer with 5 assists in 5 games.  Cozens (2,2) and Mitts (1,3) have 4 pts each.

This was the team KA put on paper this off-season.  Are they better off without Benson?

It’s possible. We’ll see how Benson looks after his 9. It takes a very uncommon talent to be able to seamlessly slide into a lineup that’s focused on winning hockey games as it’s primary goal, at the sparse age of 18. And it really has nothing to do with his raw talent: but rather, his experience. 

10 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Dahlin is unreal to watch. Breaking things up is easy for him, every single pass hits, he plays like he's bored at the slow speed of the game.

Smart Sabres twitter will literally never recover from questioning whether we had seen Dahlin’s ceiling during the Krueger years. It was such a laughable farce 

Im talking the chief, chief accounts of Sabres twitter 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BearWithME said:

I don't know if I've watched enough hockey to state this as an opinion, so I'll ask it as a question: is Levi the right goalie for this team right now, with how they seem to want to play?

Watching them it seems like they're built around pushing the action--last night they were the best they've looked this year, and it reminded me of last spring. Their scoring spree in the second was predicated on just constantly getting down ice and throwing shots at net. I guess every team does that to some extent, but it seems like it results in scenarios where--when it breaks down--the opponents end up with some sphincter-clenching shots on our net because we've been caught unawares. And those seem to be literally the worst possible shot for Levi to block, which then end up doubly hurting us as balloon poppers, and our young, aggressive team suddenly looks timid and defensive, and no longer pushes the action. 

There were 2 or 3 shots last night where I thought to myself, Levi would have let that by. 

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong. 

Integrating players with little experience, when the team has legitimate expectations is a much different animal than integrating players with little experience into a roster who’s primary purpose is to develop 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BearWithME said:

I don't know if I've watched enough hockey to state this as an opinion, so I'll ask it as a question: is Levi the right goalie for this team right now, with how they seem to want to play?

Watching them it seems like they're built around pushing the action--last night they were the best they've looked this year, and it reminded me of last spring. Their scoring spree in the second was predicated on just constantly getting down ice and throwing shots at net. I guess every team does that to some extent, but it seems like it results in scenarios where--when it breaks down--the opponents end up with some sphincter-clenching shots on our net because we've been caught unawares. And those seem to be literally the worst possible shot for Levi to block, which then end up doubly hurting us as balloon poppers, and our young, aggressive team suddenly looks timid and defensive, and no longer pushes the action. 

There were 2 or 3 shots last night where I thought to myself, Levi would have let that by. 

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong. 

Goalies are weird.  Sometimes they just play really well.  Last night the whole team played really well.  I’d say that if Comrie keeps playing well, keep giving him opportunities.  A month from now it could easily be Levi who is playing better.  Sabres just need to ride the hot hand.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, zow2 said:

Losing 3 out of 4 in regulation right out of the gate at home would be grounds for firing someone. It would be completely unacceptable. This should be a game where the Sabres come out with their hair on fire, Outshoot the Isles like 45-20 for the game. I’d expect a big W tonight and nothing less.

Hey, finally i had my finger on the pulse of a game. as well as pumping up Comrie earlier yesterday.  I recall he ended the season last year playing pretty good hockey.  He’s earned a few more starts for sure.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.