Red and Back

wudden

Does anyone else find it very frustrating that the 4 finalists in the Eastern Conf. all have Red and Black and thier team colors? I can't wait to go back to Blue and Gold.

And the Devils should go back to red and green (the Christmas in hell look). And the Hurricanes should go back to Hartford (bring back the Whale!). :D

Does anyone else find it very frustrating that the 4 finalists in the Eastern Conf. all have Red and Black and thier team colors? I can't wait to go back to Blue and Gold.

I know, we should lose on purpose just so we don't win a cup with red and black

Who cares what colors the team wears, they are still the Sabres and they are still playing strong with a great chance at pulling out an upset over the Eastern conference leading Senators (one of the best teams in the league, if you account for Detroit having an easier division and the west being a bit weaker of a conference) I'm so sick of hearing people whine about logos and colours. Unless going back to blue and gold guarantees us winnning the cup, it's only a marketing tool to get older fans to buy more merchandise to recapture their youth

They can be worn as throwbacks though. The Canucks wore their original uniforms several times this season.

They did? Oh you mean their original original ones. For a minute I thought you meant those late '70s monstrosities/

I know, we should lose on purpose just so we don't win a cup with red and black

Who cares what colors the team wears, they are still the Sabres and they are still playing strong with a great chance at pulling out an upset over the Eastern conference leading Senators (one of the best teams in the league, if you account for Detroit having an easier division and the west being a bit weaker of a conference) I'm so sick of hearing people whine about logos and colours. Unless going back to blue and gold guarantees us winnning the cup, it's only a marketing tool to get older fans to buy more merchandise to recapture their youth

To say the uniforms don't matter to hockey is like saying the American flag doesnt matter to this country. (Maybe you wouldn't know that being Canadian, [colours?])... It's a symbol. It represents us. And when we are stuck with the "uh, people like red and black, lets switch" mentality that the NHL has, is a joke. I'm 25, and by no means an "older fan", that has nothing to do with it. Sports like hockey are rooted in tradition. I get chills down my spine when I see highlights from the fog game, when I see Lafontaine put the last puck in the net at at Aud, and when I hear Rick J break up over an amazing goal... Whether it was in the 70's, the 80's, the 90's or today, I am a Sabres fan. And I proudly bleed blue and gold, not black and red.

To say the uniforms don't matter to hockey is like saying the American flag doesnt matter to this country. (Maybe you wouldn't know that being Canadian, [colours?])... It's a symbol. It represents us. And when we are stuck with the "uh, people like red and black, lets switch" mentality that the NHL has, is a joke. I'm 25, and by no means an "older fan", that has nothing to do with it. Sports like hockey are rooted in tradition. I get chills down my spine when I see highlights from the fog game, when I see Lafontaine put the last puck in the net at at Aud, and when I hear Rick J break up over an amazing goal... Whether it was in the 70's, the 80's, the 90's or today, I am a Sabres fan. And I proudly bleed blue and gold, not black and red.

The problem is the past is just that, the past. Why don't we just get Lafontaine and Mogilny to come back and play for us (mogilny is still available) and go play in the Aud cause that is tradition. I liked the Blue and Gold too, but now the Sabres are Black and Red, so guess what, I bleed Black and Red now (I should really have that looked at cause that can't be good, j/k)

Why everyone is so eager to go back into the past is beyond me. Is this team going to be any different if the wear the Blue and Gold, Red and Black, Green and Purple, Pink and Yellow? No, they will still be the Sabres, and I will continue to follow them and bleed whatever colours they decide are theirs.

As for the entire Canadian thing, uh Canadians are some of the most patiotic people in the world. I could care less what colours or logo are on our flag, I car about what the flag represents, not what it looks like, and not because being patriotic to your country is the new hip thing.

Archived