Drury's Game Winner

GrimFandango

I have watched that goal countless times from the links posted here and on nhl.com, but i am wondering if anyone saw it on television or on the internet where it shows it from either behind emery or behind drury... I want to see how open the net was, how close he was to getting the save etc. Just sort of curious if emery gave up on the shot.

Anyone seen it that can either send me a link or fill me in to their vantage point?

I have watched that goal countless times from the links posted here and on nhl.com, but i am wondering if anyone saw it on television or on the internet where it shows it from either behind emery or behind drury... I want to see how open the net was, how close he was to getting the save etc. Just sort of curious if emery gave up on the shot.

Anyone seen it that can either send me a link or fill me in to their vantage point?

i do recall seeing a replay from this angle and in my opinion he was playing for the pass, therefore he left the whole side of the net open. probably can't blame him since we scored at least 2 or 3 goals on down-low 2-on-1's....

This brings us to the biggest potential point of this series. Ray Emery is actually a decent goalie, but he may not be the right goalie for the Senators style. I've watched a bunch of Sens games with Emery. The analysts have pointed out that he loves to come way out of the net to cut down angles.

He is susceptible to the cross-ice pass, which just happens to be the Sabres strongest goal-scoring weapon. This means the Sens may have to change the way they like to cover in their own zone, or ask Emery to stay further back in his net. This adjustment could be a huge problem for them. Anytime you try to make changes to your natural game, it's risky.

At the very least, it has to be on Emery's mind going into the rest of the series. He watched the game-film, he's scouted the Sabres. As he goes into the game he has to be thinking more caution so he doesn't get burned by the open-nets and cross-ice one-timers.

I'll be real interested to see how Emery positions himself tonight.

Miller will have to steal tonights game. I see the Sabres getting out-shot about 20-5 in the 1st with 3 pp against and maybe one for.

Archived