Toronto Star Article

GGM

What does Toronto know about hockey. They haven't had an NHL team there in 30 years :P

I know the numbers didn;t look good for Miller but I didn't hate how he played. Most the goals I can remember ,due to my Coors Light induced haze, where due to the defense being out of position or not clear the rebound. You can give up six and still win has to go a long way for Millers confidence. This entire year he has responded well. I expect he feels he owes the boys one and will come back like he did in games 5 & 6 against Philly.

What does Toronto know about hockey. They haven't had an NHL team there in 30 years :P

I know the numbers didn;t look good for Miller but I didn't hate how he played. Most the goals I can remember ,due to my Coors Light induced haze, where due to the defense being out of position or not clear the rebound. You can give up six and still win has to go a long way for Millers confidence. This entire year he has responded well. I expect he feels he owes the boys one and will come back like he did in games 5 & 6 against Philly.

Miller did give up some rebounds that I wish he hadn't, but you're right. Other than the second Ottawa goal, I can't think of one that wasn't shot into an empty net.

That game was going to be 7-6 no matter who the goalies were... 1994 hasek vs 1975 bernie parant would have yielded a 7-6 game. With that being said though, miller's goals were because of perfect execution by the senators and piss poor defensive work by the sabres. The majority of the sabres goals were due to the exact oposite, however, the tying and GWG were all on emery, and that's the difference... You knew that the senators would have scored on their first shot on miller. Next game won't be a 7-6 game, but it could be 7-2 sabres depending on how emery responds...

That game was going to be 7-6 no matter who the goalies were... 1994 hasek vs 1975 bernie parant would have yielded a 7-6 game. With that being said though, miller's goals were because of perfect execution by the senators and piss poor defensive work by the sabres. The majority of the sabres goals were due to the exact oposite, however, the tying and GWG were all on emery, and that's the difference... You knew that the senators would have scored on their first shot on miller. Next game won't be a 7-6 game, but it could be 7-2 sabres depending on how emery responds...

ironically, i sort of thought that article was right on. he did admit that it might be a slight knee-jerk reaction, but he is right about the careless play by both teams. in addition to critiquing the goaltenders he had a lot to say about the defense of both teams.

back to miller, sure it is the D job to clear the puck out of the front, but it starts with Miller doing a better job of controlling the rebounds and he was awful in that regard.

I completely disagree because I said all along that the winner of this series will win the Cup. There are no other teams out their that can match Buffalo or Ottawa offensively.

I completely disagree because I said all along that the winner of this series will win the Cup. There are no other teams out their that can match Buffalo or Ottawa offensively.

I feel the same. No other team would have been close in that game last night. It could have been Sabres or Sens 7, Any other NHL team 3 as far as I'm concerned.

Archived