Lindy a coach of the year nominee

haseoke

as if people didnt all know it was coming. the nice thing about this is it will make some of the national announcers sit up and take notice to what the guy is accomplishing, how this buffalo team is built from dirt level up on work, chemistry, balance and strategy. I dont think people in the national media really "get" what fans get about this team, the way its not just a fluke but has a real winning identity that starts with the coach.

at least this is another avenue to get that word out. mebbe the national announcers wont cover the sens series like theyre there to cover the sens.

j

Who else is nominated. I really can't think of anybody that should rightfully beat out Lindy, and I am not saying this as a Sabres fan. You could give it to the redwings coach, the sens coach, any coach with a great record this year, but look at what they have to work with? If they didn't have the records they had, they should have been fired with the teams talent.

Buffalo's roster at the start of the year looked like a team just looking to break even and content to sit in the middle of the leagues standings. Coaching had a huge deal to do with this teams success on the ice, and now the team actually has a chance at a stanely cup, something no one thought we would ever say this year.

I really do hope Lindy wins it.

Who else is nominated. I really can't think of anybody that should rightfully beat out Lindy, and I am not saying this as a Sabres fan. You could give it to the redwings coach, the sens coach, any coach with a great record this year, but look at what they have to work with? If they didn't have the records they had, they should have been fired with the teams talent.

Buffalo's roster at the start of the year looked like a team just looking to break even and content to sit in the middle of the leagues standings. Coaching had a huge deal to do with this teams success on the ice, and now the team actually has a chance at a stanely cup, something no one thought we would ever say this year.

I really do hope Lindy wins it.

Renney and Laviolette.

Renney? :lol:

They had a decent run, but they also had the best player in the game.

They probably would have nominated Lamiorello if they hadn't of nominated Renney. As long as he doesn't win, that doesn't really bother me.

Either Lindy (my pick) or Laviolette deserve it.

They probably would have nominated Lamiorello if they hadn't of nominated Renney. As long as he doesn't win, that doesn't really bother me.

Either Lindy (my pick) or Laviolette deserve it.

I think it will have to go to Laviolette just for the way they won that division. (by 20 pts)

But wasn't Carolina expected to make the playoffs? The Sabres were picked to be dead last. If Ruff doesn't win coach of the year, then it's rigged.

PTR

THN had the 3 ranked 12, 13, & 14 (Rangers, Buffalo, Carolina). I'm pretty sure most other "experts" had roughly the same expectations. Washington was picked to be dead last, but the other 3 were considered laughing stocks as well.

THN had the 3 ranked 12, 13, & 14 (Rangers, Buffalo, Carolina). I'm pretty sure most other "experts" had roughly the same expectations. Washington was picked to be dead last, but the other 3 were considered laughing stocks as well.

I believe THN also picked Philly and Pittsburgh as having great shots at winning the cup! :lol:

It pains me to say this, but I think that Laviolette will win this year, simply because Carolina won it's division and Buffalo did not. It won't be the right pick, for a number of reasons.

Carolina has more top level players on their roster.

Carolina won the Southeast, thus having the pleasure of playing Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Florida and Washington 8 times each. The only team of these 4 that gave Buffalo any trouble whatsoever was Florida, who we went 1-3 against. Otherwise, the Sabres swept Tampa (4-0), went 3-1 vs Washington and went 2-2 vs Atlanta. Playing each of these teams an additional 4 times, while playing Ottawa just 4 times, the Sabres would have probably finished 1st in the Eastern Conference.

Carolina did not have to deal with anywhere near the number of injuries Buffalo had to. They lost Cole for about 20 games, Corey Stillman for 10 and Ray Whitney for about 20 as well, but that was it. Otherwise the Canes were pretty healthy. Ruff had to deal with losing Briere for 30, Connolly for 20, Hecht for almost 20, Dumont for almost 30, Teppo for almost 10, Miller for about 10-15 and Mair for about 40. These are all of Buffalo's TOP Top players, with the exception of Drury and Afinigenov.

Tell me, what other coach could lose 3 of their top forwards, their best defensman, a power forward and starting goalie, and still rack up 110 pts and only lose back to back games twice?

It will be an absolute crime if Lindy doesn't win...but I doubt many hockey writers will bother to go through the trouble of looking all this stuff up...

I think special teams performance should factor into the voting. Top 5 in both PP and PK is all about coaching. Sabres strategy is good and they execute consistently. Lindy should win.

Renney has Jagr (MVP?). And besides, he coaches the Czech National team, so he really shouldn't be eligible for an NHL award.

Laviolette has Staal, Cole, Brind'Amour, Recchi, Weight, etc. They won their division...big deal. I'd love to play ATL, TB, and WAS as half of my season.

Ruff has "a bunch of no-names" almost won the conference, was among the top in special teams, and had to play OTT, TOR, and MON. (Yeah, TOR sucks but they are typically hard fought games).

Ruff should win, but Laviolette seems to be the media darling.

Archived