schedule

spacemanspiff

There is a concert in the Mmarena on Friday the 12th and the Bandits go for their 1st Championship since the MILL changed it's name to NLL on Saturday the 13th.

Since the Otters arena is booked on the 6th & 7th and HNIC will want Game 5 on a Saturday night, it looks like the 1st 5 games will be:

G1 - Ottawa - Friday 5/5

G2 - Ottawa - Monday 5/8

G3 - Buffalo - Wednesday 5/10

G4 - Buffalo - Thursday 5/11 (I don't see them waiting until Sunday to play this game, so back to back it is.)

G5 - Ottawa - Saturday 5/13

That puts Game 6 on Monday 5/15. Good call, Spiff. I would be really surprised to see Game 6 on Sunday the 14th as the 2 teams would be playing back-to-back on a travel day, but it does make slight sense that NBC would want the game that day. (Saturday and Sunday coverage, travel schedules be darned.) It makes more sense for the NJ game to be the Sunday game, with one of the western games being the NBC Saturday game; but I don't know that one for certain.

Either way, I would expect Game 7 to be scheduled for Wednesday the 17th in Ottawa. That would give the teams 2 days of rest if they've played a 2nd back to back and a single day of rest if they are on the typical every other day schedule.

Game 7 being on the 17th also gives the winner 2 days rest before having to start up the next series on Saturday (which is my guess for when the networks would want that series to start).

Oh, well, we'll know sometime around midnight (Eastern time) what the schedules are as I am certain the league and networks have 2 schedules set; they are just trying to decide which 1 to use.

Posted on the Sens board:

#1 - Friday 5th - OTT

#2 - Monday 8th - OTT

#3 - Wednesday 10th - BUF

#4 - Thursday 11th - BUF

#5 - Saturday 13th - OTT

#6 - Monday 15th - BUF

#7 - Wednesday 17th - OTT

These dates are true i bet for games 3 and 4

look what is going on at the Arena....

Friday the 12th: Tim Mcgraw/Faith Hill concert

Saturday the 13th: Bandits Championship Game...

they are not going to wait from Wednesday to Sunday to play a game....

These dates are true i bet for games 3 and 4

look what is going on at the Arena....

Friday the 12th: Tim Mcgraw/Faith Hill concert

Saturday the 13th: Bandits Championship Game...

they are not going to wait from Wednesday to Sunday to play a game....

i'm going to puke.....my best chance to see the boys in buffalo this year is ruined because of a tim mcgraw concert......

Posted on the Sens board:

#1 - Friday 5th - OTT

#2 - Monday 8th - OTT

#3 - Wednesday 10th - BUF

#4 - Thursday 11th - BUF

#5 - Saturday 13th - OTT

#6 - Monday 15th - BUF

#7 - Wednesday 17th - OTT

The poster who wrote the above has now clarified that this is only his prediction (as it seems to be everyone's). Just an FYI for anyone who may be making travel plans!

The poster who wrote the above has now clarified that this is only his prediction (as it seems to be everyone's). Just an FYI for anyone who may be making travel plans!

Games 6 and 7 are most likely predictions, but games 1-5 are pretty much a lock due to arena scheduling. Ottawa can't host a game Saturday or Sunday, and Buffalo can't host a gmae Friday or Saturday. I doubt any of those will change

Games 6 and 7 are most likely predictions, but games 1-5 are pretty much a lock due to arena scheduling. Ottawa can't host a game Saturday or Sunday, and Buffalo can't host a gmae Friday or Saturday. I doubt any of those will change

You're probably correct, but I just didn't want to get my rear end toasted because people planned their vacation days around my post, or something. :blush:

At any rate, I'm sure confirmation will be coming along any time now.

Archived