Come On Guys!! It's A Great Series!

bob_sauve28

Would Marty be any better? I think I'd stay with Miller because of the future. Goalie is the most important postion and this guy is our future if he can do it. I'm rolling the dice on him and leaving him in there. Not just for the sake of this series but for the future of the team. Maybe that's a mistake but you have to take chances.

And as a prediction, Max will keep getting better.

Sabres in 7

Would Marty be any better? I think I'd stay with Miller because of the future. Goalie is the most important postion and this guy is our future if he can do it. I'm rolling the dice on him and leaving him in there. Not just for the sake of this series but for the future of the team. Maybe that's a mistake but you have to take chances.

And as a prediction, Max will keep getting better.

Sabres in 7

Unitl the Sabres are trailing, or Ryan is the CLEAR AND OBVIOUS REASON the Sabres lose in game 6, there is no question. Ryan brought them to the dance. Lindy will do the lindy with him until he shows he doesn't have any moves left.

BTW, I think you are pessimistic. Sabres in 6.

Ryan Miller 2.60 GAA .914 SV%

Martin Biron 2.88 GAA .905 SV%

That's cool. I'm not saying that Miller sucks. I'm saying that he hasn't come-up big in the play-offs and, given that Biron has paid his dues, is a solid GT and that Miller has given up some questionable goals so far this series, Marty desreves a chance. And Tuesday is too late.

That's cool. I'm not saying that Miller sucks. I'm saying that he hasn't come-up big in the play-offs and, given that Biron has paid his dues, is a solid GT and that Miller has given up some questionable goals so far this series, Marty desreves a chance. And Tuesday is too late.

With all due respect, I disagree 100%. IF the Sabres lose Sunday and it appears to be due to Ryan's shortcomings (whatever they happen to be), then they should come back with Marty. I don't expect them to lose and I will trust Lindy's judgement on the goalies, so whoever he goes with Sunday I will say it was the correct choice. (C'mon, what regular to this board expected me to say that!) I expect Ryan to get the start, but trust Lindy's judgement either way. I would go with Ryan on Sunday and think he deserves to start that game. He won 2 games at home, 1 in 2OT.

With all due respect, I disagree 100%. IF the Sabres lose Sunday and it appears to be due to Ryan's shortcomings (whatever they happen to be), then they should come back with Marty. I don't expect them to lose and I will trust Lindy's judgement on the goalies, so whoever he goes with Sunday I will say it was the correct choice. (C'mon, what regular to this board expected me to say that!) I expect Ryan to get the start, but trust Lindy's judgement either way. I would go with Ryan on Sunday and think he deserves to start that game. He won 2 games at home, 1 in 2OT.

I hear ya. But isn't that asking way too much of Biron to come up HUGH on Tuesday? It's like one or done and that's tough. At least if Biron starts Sunday, he'd have a game under his belt going into Philly on Tuesday.

I guess I'm really not sold on Miller in the play-offs so far and I must say that I was one of his biggest supporters all season long. I just don't like what I've seen so far in this series. And ya know what: I hope I'm the biggest dope around and Miller, if plays on Sunday, stands on his head and wins it for Buffalo. I just don't see the confidence right now.

I hear ya. But isn't that asking way too much of Biron to come up HUGH on Tuesday? It's like one or done and that's tough. At least if Biron starts Sunday, he'd have a game under his belt going into Philly on Tuesday.

I guess I'm really not sold on Miller in the play-offs so far and I must say that I was one of his biggest supporters all season long. I just don't like what I've seen so far in this series. And ya know what: I hope I'm the biggest dope around and Miller, if plays on Sunday, stands on his head and wins it for Buffalo. I just don't see the confidence right now.

I see your point, I just don't agree with it. Miller has been the man all year long (with the exception of a handful of games last month). Lindy stays very loyal to the people that he believes in, and from what I have seen, I think he believes in Miller. That means Miller gets the start on Sunday.

Is this the right move? I think so, but I won't say that I know it is. I will say though, that I have been a huge Lindy supporter for what he does with his skaters but have doubted him with the goaltending. The results he has gotten this year with the goalies (since mid-November) have caused me to believe that he does have a handle on the goalies. As such, I think he will play Ryan on Sunday, but either way, unless it blows up in his face (like Esche in game 2) I will say he did the right thing, whoever he starts.

Archived