GAME THREAD

Corp000085

One thing I've noticed about Miller is his tendency to allow these kinds of soft goals. The Sabres were in town for an open practice and scrimmage 2 weeks ago, and he gave up 2 ultra soft goals.

But, they just came back from commercial break, and it is 5-3!

Jinx that! :P

It's only one game but our Swordsmen played well. They hustled, looked quick, and peppered the Isles net all night. Initial thought is that the rules to open the game up look like they may work. We'll see if the refs make the calls all season they did tonight. On the negative side - we had two, two man advantages and were unable to score. I believe we were 1/10 on the power play. That will cost you some games.

It's only one game but our Swordsmen played well. They hustled, looked quick, and peppered the Isles net all night. Initial thought is that the rules to open the game up look like they may work. We'll see if the refs make the calls all season they did tonight. On the negative side - we had two, two man advantages and were unable to score. I believe we were 1/10 on the power play. That will cost you some games.

Yeah, they'll need to improve the PP production, but at least they moved the puck well and had some good chances. DiPietro played well and saved a couple of goals.

Yeah, they'll need to improve the PP production, but at least they moved the puck well and had some good chances. DiPietro played well and saved a couple of goals.

Yeah, DiPietro made some sick saves on the power play and our lack of production on our 2-man advantages was not from a lack of shots. On a few of those power plays, they were just bombarding DiPietro, and he made some nice saves. That being said, you are right that that kind of PP production will cost you against the better teams.