GAME THREAD

Corp000085

In an attempt to consolidate any game threads, lets try this one out for a play by play critique, analysis, bi+ch fest, etc. Use it during the game, and may the force be with you. As a friendly reminder, keep all posts at or below the PG-13 level.

Half-way through the first period, and the teams have essentially swapped power play goals. The Sabres came off a rocket from Lydman at the line that was deflected in by Dumont. The Isles' goal came at the end of their first power play as the teams were at full strength when Numminen failed to clear the puck and Campoli swatted in a rebound after the team over-aggressively chased the puck into the corner.

Just now, Gaustad missed a shot in front of the net that would have given the Sabres a short-handed goal. The team is skating well, but have suffered a couple of dumb penalties. Miller has made some good saves on the 2 power plays, and has looked good. The rebound came out a little far, and Campoli had a clean line to the net for that goal.

7:00 to go in the 1st period and Niiniimaa just got nabbed with a new ticky-tack holding penalty and is headed to the bin.

-sabres opened up with a power play goal from Dumont.

-islanders tied it up with a power play goal of their own..shot deflected of miller right to an Islander with an open shot at the net..

1-1

TSN.CA has it at 1-1, 9:45 left in the 1st.

WHO SCORED?????????

Lydman took the shot, and Dumont deflected it in and got the credit.

Sabres are hammering DiPietro on this PP. Hecht, Grier, and Connolly have had shots, but DiPietro is playing well. Connolly just blew a wide open one timer on that PP. DiPietro made an awesome save.

Buffalo's Lydman just got tagged for high-sticking (another zero tolerance penalty) and Buff is SH'ed now.

The radio feed isnt working. The Center Ice has the Islanders feed which is horrible. Whenever Miro or Zhitnik get the puck the crowd erupts in boooos

MILLER TIME

Isles are definitely having trouble with the Vanek-Briere-Dumont line.

Buf just got called for hooking and are going SH'ed for the 4th time (Numminen) with 1:31 to go in the 1st. So much for Lindy Ruff's "disciplined approach".

End of the 1st period, and so far, so not bad.

Miller looked solid in the pipes.

The team has got to limit these Power Plays for the Isles, though they haven't allowed a PP goal, technically.

This will come back to burn them, if they don't sharpen up.

I tuned in after my wife randomly found the game on. Apparently, Center ice is free for the first week of the season or so. The islanders feed sucks though. oh well. Sabres killed off some nice PPs and that mckee hit was great. For being a "bad" team on paper, they sure are playing well... Look at the logic of the bills being "great" on paper. Unless this is a temporary high, after one period, i'd put the nhl on notice that the sabres are for real. Maybe they'll switch to the buffalo feed after the period, so i can hear RJ and lorentz... (the internet radio is still down)

I tuned in after my wife randomly found the game on. Apparently, Center ice is free for the first week of the season or so. The islanders feed sucks though. oh well. Sabres killed off some nice PPs and that mckee hit was great. For being a "bad" team on paper, they sure are playing well... Look at the logic of the bills being "great" on paper. Unless this is a temporary high, after one period, i'd put the nhl on notice that the sabres are for real. Maybe they'll switch to the buffalo feed after the period, so i can hear RJ and lorentz... (the internet radio is still down)

Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the free Center Ice for week 1. I've got the Devils/Pens game on now during the 1st intermission.