GAME THREAD

Corp000085

Sabres on the 2-man advantage as they call back-to-back delay of game penalties when they flip the puck out of bounds without hitting something.

2-man advantage for 1:26. Let's lay the hammer down, guys!

and now dipietro is faking an injury

I'll keep the updates coming. Still in intermission, and I'm in my glory surfing the other games.

Surprised to see MIN up 2-0 on CGY. I went to the last Buffalo pre-season game last week, and we really had our way with the Wild, so it is surprising to see them up on the Flames.

Sundin took a puck to the eye and was taken off, as TOR is up 1-0 on OTT after 2.

I'm on the NJ-PIT game, now, and it looks like it has been all Devils.

Nice play by Campbell on defense blocking Miro's shot to set up that rush. Vanek put that pass right on the money to Afinogenov.

Great save by Miller just now.

Man, where does CNN/SI get off ranking Buffalo at #28 in their power rankings?!?!

Nice play by Campbell on defense blocking Miro's shot to set up that rush. Vanek put that pass right on the money to Afinogenov.

Great save by Miller just now.

Man, where does CNN/SI get off ranking Buffalo at #28 in their power rankings?!?!

Like I said. I went to their pre-season game against the Wild, and they looked so good on the ice, as they just skated circles around the Wild setting up one shot after another. I think all of these pundits are underestimating the value of a great skating and fast team like this Sabres team.

Not sure if they'll contend for a playoff spot or not, yet, but they are going to be a tough W, every night they play.

C'mon now let's not jinx the Sabres. After the Bills played well in game one, they were annoited TBD's Super Bowl champs. Now several posters are on suicide watch.

C'mon now let's not jinx the Sabres. After the Bills played well in game one, they were annoited TBD's Super Bowl champs. Now several posters are on suicide watch.

Ha! I know. Like I said, I don't know if this team is a playoff team, but they are going to come out and play tough every night. They are a great skating team that is going to get their chances in games.

And, this is against an Isles team that did make the playoffs two years ago, instead of the also-ran Texans. Even in the Bills' first game, there was a lot to make you nervous (FG's instead of TD's, and such). The Sabres look solid, but we'll know more in the next week as they play the Bruins and Senators.