Is Tage better than ROR?

LGR4GM

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is he? I'm not saying he isn't a leader, just that I haven't seen anything to indicate that. 

Tuch clearly is, Kyle is, Dahlin might be, Cozens and Krebs might be. Tage looks like he's having fun, smiling more, but why do you say he's a leader?

As for the ROR comparative, completely different types of players so no comparison. Right now however I'd rather have Tage on the team than Eichel (or Sam) but also, it's just one season. I'm not going to get pessimistic, but I'm not ready to raise him up to comparisons with Conn Smyth winners either. Not yet. 

I will say this though, I think he's better than Marner or Nylander and all their lofty media accolades. 

Watch the most recent Sabres Blue & Gold episode. You’ll come away with a respect for him on that front. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

More than anything else, it is the way he takes charge on the ice. He demands the puck during the crucial moments of the game and he delivers in those moments. He’s got a real “give me the ***** ball” attitude going now. There’s no fear or no compromise.

Complementing that is a bit of a natural understated swagger. He’s not afraid to stand up for his teammates or himself, and he’s not shy about rubbing the opposition or their fans the wrong way.

That has carried over into his interviews. He comes across as focused and determined, with an equal mix of caring about his teammates and belief that he needs to be an example for them.

And finally, I see teammates deferring to him.

Okay, definite signs of maturity there. Definite positives. Not sure I see all that as leadership, but I see what you mean. 

• LGR4GM locked this topic