Great Read

inkman

I thought some of the lines were classic.

Linky

"- Tough to say outright that Buffalo’s Derek Roy is the most improved skater in a league of 750 players, but let’s try it and see how it feels. Derek Roy is the most improved skater in the league. Okay, not so bad."

"- RIP Peter Nedved, the gig is up. Heading back to Philadelphia for Game 3 on Wednesday won’t change that fact, nor will the location of the game change the outcome of this series. The Sabres’ superiority couldn’t be more overwhelming, from goaltending on out, and it’s tough to imagine what might happen that could change it. No forward passing by the Sabres, perhaps? The only question now is how deep and how quickly the Sabres turn the dagger."

"Hitch doesn’t say much, though; he just stands behind the bench as the crowd goes bananas. It’s as if a fairy princess had told him there’d be no point using a timeout in the third period in this game, so might as well just get it over with. "

There isn't a coach alive who can draw up a gameplan for success when trailing by five after the first period.

I think the plan was "let's punch everyone in the head, then elbow them in the face and definitely run everyone you can catch."

Yeah but the writer, who must have been in the arena, described Kotalik's goal as a "marshmellow soft" one between Esche's legs. It was a rocket off the left post. I don't understand how they make mistakes like that. How Brad Riter the other night didn't know Forsberg's shot very early in the game hit Tallinder's stick. Just sloppy powers of observation I guess. You'd think that would be a prerequisite for working in the media.

Yeah but the writer, who must have been in the arena, described Kotalik's goal as a "marshmellow soft" one between Esche's legs. It was a rocket off the left post. I don't understand how they make mistakes like that. How Brad Riter the other night didn't know Forsberg's shot very early in the game hit Tallinder's stick. Just sloppy powers of observation I guess. You'd think that would be a prerequisite for working in the media.

Actually, half right. It did make it between the legs. I think the comment was more to be funny than 100% accuracy. Either way, some nice quotes, specially since THN all but said the Sabres had no chance against the Flyers last month.

Archived