44. Makar
45. Q Hughes
46. Laine
47. Horvat
48. Zibanejad
49. M Tkachuk
50. C Hart

Pettersson at #8?

Eichel is the highest ranked (and by my count, only) player on the hockey news list to have never made the playoffs. 

We can see that Jack is coming in very high on these lists, just outside the top 10 seems to be a trend. It's pretty good considering the lack of playoffs exposure we've been talking about - easy to see him firmly in the top 10 once we figure the other part out, as a team.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Pettersson at #8?

Crazyness.  Yeah, he is good, but he isn’t the 8th best player in the league, he just isn’t.

I think that Vancouver is just a really trendy “up and coming” pick right now.  I don’t even think that they are going to be that good though.  After next season they are cap-screwed.  Their management can’t get out of their own way.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Crazyness.  Yeah, he is good, but he isn’t the 8th best player in the league, he just isn’t.

I think that Vancouver is just a really trendy “up and coming” pick right now.  I don’t even think that they are going to be that good though.  After next season they are cap-screwed.  Their management can’t get out of their own way.

Petterson had 132 points in 139 games in his D2 and D3 years, which is very comparable to Eichel’s 121 in 128.

Then Eichel took a jump that Pettersson has yet to take. Can’t see an argument for ranking Pettersson the better player at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.