This Day in Sabres History :: April 19

April 19, 1981

In Minnesota, the North Stars beat the Sabres in Game 3, 6-4, pouring 49 shots on Don Edwards, to take a commanding three-games-to-none lead in the best-of-seven quarterfinal series.

April 19, 2001

The Flyers beat the Sabres 3-1 in Philly to avoid elimination and send the series back to Buffalo for Game 6.

April 19, 2001

The Flyers beat the Sabres 3-1 in Philly to avoid elimination and send the series back to Buffalo for Game 6.

I remember the nervous anticipation for game 6... I was very very nervous that things could unravel. We didn't really dominate in that series and i was fully expecting there to be a game 7...

Then, i showed up at the arena... I can't remember what happens next though, hopefully PA will remember to do this date... for game 6.

April 19, 2001

And then, the Snowman appeared. Little-seen in the regular season, much less the playoffs, the lil' guy has a large round belly topped with a somewhat smaller, featureless head. No arms, no legs, no face. His opponent: the Void. The Snowman always wins that battle against the Void, and always by the same score.

Let the Snowman be with us again.