Anyone in DC area

Rock DJ

Anyone in the DC area that can tell me a place to catch Tuesday night's game? I'll be staying in the Omni downtown.

Thanks......

When I lived there 2 yrs. ago, I would catch them on TV at a small bar called Stetson's (16th & U NW), but the bartenders knew me pretty well. Not sure if that's a good thing. A larger bar, McFadden's (23rd & Pennsylvania NW) was getting a lot of Buffalo folks in there for Bills games & might be worth a shot. ESPNZone (11th? and F? can't recall) often had games then but I'm not sure about now. All three of those places have satellite dishes.

Just over the Va. border is a place called Crystal City Sports Pub, which may have the games. The "Buffalo Bars" are all deeper into the suburbs; probably not within range if you're staying at the Omni. If you're willing to pay for a cab, check out Southside in Alexandria, Grevey's in Falls Church, or (a really expensive cab) Jimmy's Old Time Tavern in Herndon. All are in Va.

Finally, I've heard that the Capital Hilton (Connecticut & T NW) may have games in its sports bar, and it's worth a phone call to Lucky Bar (Connecticut & N NW) to see if they've got the games.

Bugsy's (use to be called The Penalty Box) in Old Town Alexandria, is a great atmosphere for watching hockey on the tube. Owner is former Cap Brian "Bugsy" Watson. While the Caps are featured, you can find virtually all games on in the bar upstairs...it would not be uncommon to find Sabre fans there and the game on 2 or 3 screens.

Was a big hang-out for out-of-town teams when the Caps played in Landover...think with arena now downtown, most players end up somewhere in DC after the games.

Bugsy's (use to be called The Penalty Box) in Old Town Alexandria, is a great atmosphere for watching hockey on the tube. Owner is former Cap Brian "Bugsy" Watson. While the Caps are featured, you can find virtually all games on in the bar upstairs...it would not be uncommon to find Sabre fans there and the game on 2 or 3 screens.

Was a big hang-out for out-of-town teams when the Caps played in Landover...think with arena now downtown, most players end up somewhere in DC after the games.

It's too tough to wake up opposing players after a game against the Caps; I think they continue to sleep and don't go out.

Archived