Sabres anthem singers down through the years

PASabreFan

33 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Anyone know if Doug Allen is the part time anthem singer because of other commitments, or is it the Sabres choice?  If the latter, I wish they would revisit this, pick a person, and have that be your go to person for all 41 games(unless of emergency).

On a related side note and I have no idea how much truth there is in this, but I was told 5-10 years ago, that Doug Allen has to leave the arena after singing unless he has a ticket to the game.

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There are a few features on Doug Allen you can find online. I believe one of them talks about his work and volunteer commitments occasionally causing him to miss games. Has he been gone more this year? I'm not sure. I'm also not sure about the ticket thing. It doesn't sound right, honestly.

Going back to the time when the arena was first built, a coworkers brother did the in arena announcements at the Aud.   One of the perks of the job was a ticket to the game.

When the team moved to the new arena that perk went away.

Granted, this was a couple of regimes ago, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if a ticket is no longer provided.

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

Going back to the time when the arena was first built, a coworkers brother did the in arena announcements at the Aud.   One of the perks of the job was a ticket to the game.

When the team moved to the new arena that perk went away.

Granted, this was a couple of regimes ago, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if a ticket is no longer provided.

It sounds OSP-ish, but not Pegula-esque. But the NHL put the goal judges upstairs so a few more people could pay big bucks to sit back there, no?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.