Training camp battle: top six wingers

dudacek

Top six wingers  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect to be the wingers on the first two lines in the early weeks of this season?

• Justin Bailey
    • Nick Baptiste
    • Patrik Berglund
    • Alex Nylander
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Victor Olofsson
    • Jason Pominville
    • Sam Reinhart
    • Evan Rodrigues
    • Connor Sheary
    • CJ Smith
    • Tage Thompson
  2. 2. Who do you want to emerge by the end of the year as the wingers on the top two lines?

• Justin Bailey
    • Nick Baptiste
    • Patrik Berglund
    • Alex Nylander
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Victor Olofsson
    • Jason Pominville
    • Sam Reinhart
    • Evan Rodrigues
    • Connor Sheary
    • CJ Smith
    • Tage Thompson

9 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If that's the case then maybe we slot Sobotka  or Berglund on the left side. This will add a vet presence and decent FO guy to that line.

I still think we are going to see Thompson - Mittelstadt - Okposo. KO gives the vet presence of which you speak, and Thompson has mentioned his ability to play on his off-wing, and I don't mind that at all from the trigger-man on a line. 

That's a fair point on face-offs, though. Can Okposo take draws?

Okposo comes in with a lot to prove this year, but if he can rebound to last year’s forum, I think he is the natural fit with Casey. Yes, he can take draws.

Thompson will get a shot with Jack; to me, that’s a given.

Whether or not he sticks is another story.

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Okposo comes in with a lot to prove this year, but if he can rebound to last year’s forum, I think he is the natural fit with Casey. Yes, he can take draws.

Thompson will get a shot with Jack; to me, that’s a given.

Whether or not he sticks is another story.

It could depend on Sheary. I think he gets first dibs, and if he flourishes there (or Thompson does, with Casey), Thompson may have to be content with some PP time with Jack. Unless Reinhart and Jack are unable to regain their former chemistry.

I dunno why, I know Tkachuk was more of a playmaker as well, but I'm getting Tkachuk - Mittelstadt WJC visions for Thompson - Mittelstadt. 

Maybe it's the size. 

I really wonder where they plan to use Sam.

Who are our six best forwards entering camp? Jack, Sam, Kyle, Connor, Casey and Berglund?

Could we see:

Sheary Eichel Thompson

Okposo Mittlestadt Reinhart

Girgensons Sobotka Berglund

Bailey ERod Baptiste

Wilson Larsson Pominville

Not  sure who plays what position on lines two and three, but they have the makings of a decent scoring and a decent checking line and that would certainly be giving Casey his best chance to succeed.

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I really wonder where they plan to use Sam.

Who are our six best forwards entering camp? Jack, Sam, Kyle, Connor, Casey and Berglund?

Could we see:

Sheary Eichel Thompson

Okposo Mittlestadt Reinhart

Girgensons Sobotka Berglund

Bailey ERod Baptiste

Wilson Larsson Pominville

Not  sure who plays what position on lines two and three, but they have the makings of a decent scoring and a decent checking line and that would certainly be giving Casey his best chance to succeed.

No. I don't think we see a bunch of players, playing the wrong positions to start. Sobotka or Berglund will be a center. Probably for the "2nd" line to shelter Mittelstadt unless they really are putting Reinhart back to center. Outside of that Berglund and Sobotka are going to be on the left. We have a plethora of NHL ready RW's and no need to force players to play out of position. Baptiste, Reinhart, Okposo, Thompson, Pominville, and tehcnically Evan Rodrigues can all be or are RW's. I would include Bailey but my understanding was they were teaching him to be a LW. 

If Thompson manages to stick on line 1 with Eichel, holy crap I might squeal in delight. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.