Question about the trade yesterday...

Tolstoy

At the time of the trade, JB simply knew that he wasn't going to be able to make any trades of actual bodies before the end of the draft. He wanted ammunition for any potential trades this year and the draft choice next year is something he can throw into any deal.

Great.  He's got a firecracker in a grenade war.

Great.  He's got a firecracker in a grenade war.

It would appear that you are only interested in the major deals with that response. Scott Wilson, a valuable role player, was obtained with a 5th round pick. I give JB credit for crossing all the "T's" and dotting all the "I's".

Well you just said it: Players. If there were multiple players on the list still, should have used the pick.

This. I like Botterill so far, and I can't even begin to judge his drafting acumen yet. But this was a head scratcher value wise, even if it was a late round pick.

Actually, no, it was logically a dumb move. Needs to be said.

I’m also happy with Jbot so far, but we aren’t up against any reserve list limits so why wouldn’t you make a pick? Especially when there is no chance that the pick from Tor will be a higher pick in the 6th rd.

The only rationale I can see is that occassionally GM’s do each other small favors here and there. These chips are then cashed in to help get future deals done. I’d never do the Leafs a favor ever, but that is just me.

Such a deal shows how little Jbot feels about late rd picks.

FYI: We have drafted the following players in what is currently the 6th rd (picks 156-186)

Ullmark - 163

Malone - 159

Kotalik - 176

Byron -179

Kaleta -176

Campbell - 156

Derek Smith - 168

Cunneyworth -167

Plante - 161

Audette - 183

Hnidy -173

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.