Can the Sabres Pull An Avs Style Turnaround Next Season?

GASabresIUFAN

Another reason to think this is possible is that the Sabres are 8-6-2 against the top 6 teams in the league (Tor, Bos, TB, Wpg, Nsh and LV).

I’m not against a super line, but Sam and Ryan don’t have the speed to play with Jack 5 on 5. Jbot’s primary goal is to find Jack the right two wingers. They could be Casey and a player from this draft. I’m wondering if to maximize Jack we really just needs one fast high skilled winger and a fore checker on the other side.

Girgensons Jack Casey

Or

ERod Jack Casey

The biggest concern is Casey not being ready for such an important role on the team.

Mittelstadt isn’t going to play right wing. I could see him on Jack’s left, but not sure who the RW could be.

I’m sure Casey’s LT position is at centre, but the fact he’s even playing centre now leads me to believe there’s at least a chance he stays there entirely.

Is there any team in the NHL that spends $8M/year on 3rd line centre?

Welcome to the board.

Good point and generally I believe you are correct.  ROR would probably be a #2 on most teams and until further notice he is for the Sabres.

Penguins won a cup or two with an 8 Million Dollar third-line winger...

Now Thorny,

Is that anyway to welcome a first time poster ...  ;)  :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.