Holy crap...how different the drafts would have been...

Sabre fan

What about the rest of it? Why does a massive UK-based firm risk its entire reputation and possibly existence on the ###### National Hockey League? Do you realize the ramifications of the potential lawsuits if that was discovered? And then how do you get the exact correct numbers to bounce out of that thing? Does every team in the league know it's rigged, because they're all in the room? They just all keep it quiet?

McDavid could have saved a franchise. Matthews could have saved the Arizona one specifically. McDavid is not the difference between that tv contract unless you provide explicit evidence. All of the evidence with the device and lottery situation in general point to no rigging at all. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and I have seen none, just hypotheticals that could have been shaped around any possible winning team.

He saved all 30 franchises. Rogers loses money and defaults on the deal all the clubs lose. Az FLa Carolina all depend on the shared tv revenue. That goes away and the peg, Ottawa and maybe even Edmonton without McDavid are in trouble.

He saved all 30 franchises. Rogers loses money and defaults on the deal all the clubs lose. Az FLa Carolina all depend on the shared tv revenue. That goes away and the peg, Ottawa and maybe even Edmonton without McDavid are in trouble.

Again, I could construct a story for every single team winning the lottery, except of course the Sabres, because the NHL hates the Sabres. I could do this until the cows come home. I could stretch as far as you're stretching and farther. None of that changes the fact that there is zero evidence to support this, when a crap ton is required. Evidence actually suggests the exact opposite of your claim, because of the involvement of Ernst and Young, who again would have so much to lose and nothing to gain by risking the lawsuits inevitable if the rigging process got out (and considering the fact that all sorts of NHL emails were leaked last year, and that humans are humans, it would have gotten out) and I still have not heard one explanation for how the lotto ball machine can be doctored to produce the exact four balls necessary. Until this is explained, and until I am convinced that the firm and the NHL are willing to put up with that risk, and then evidence for both of those things happening is supplied, you just look off your rocker to me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.