NHL on NBC

Eleven

What is wrong with them?  They've got a perfect Saturday to capture viewers. There is a sports void today for the first Saturday in months.  There absolutely should be a national 1pm broadcast today.  

Instead, they're running with English soccer, which, while entertaining, isn't exactly the same thing.

NBC paid a loooooot of money for those EPL rights.

It doesn't even have to clash, start the hockey at 3. But they'd rather clash with the NFL tomorrow. Because of course they do.

Tomorrow's game isn't at the same time as the NFL games, but for most of us, with limited "sports time" budgets, there's no way to watch all three games, so yeah, there's a clash.

Interesting. I didn't know they played the football games later for some reason. Of course, I haven't watched a football game in over a decade so there's a lot I don't know.

You're right though, not likely to pull in casual viewers. I bet all sorts of money the ridiculous NFL pregame shows crush it ratings wise.

How much of it is NBC and how much is the nhl and scheduling? It's pretty widely known there would be 2 football games this week on Sunday, yet the only early hockey games scheduled are 1 game featuring a struggling Midwest team and a Canadian team in one of the smallest markets at 3, then a game at 5 between 2 of the smallest market American teams.

How much of it is NBC and how much is the nhl and scheduling? It's pretty widely known there would be 2 football games this week on Sunday, yet the only early hockey games scheduled are 1 game featuring a struggling Midwest team and a Canadian team in one of the smallest markets at 3, then a game at 5 between 2 of the smallest market American teams.

Pretty sure NBC could have told NHL to get a game on the schedule if it wanted one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.