The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I was supposed to fly home today from Palawan.... Fly to Manila then to Soeul then to Jfk then Buffalo... I got trashed last night and expected to sleep on the plane all day. 

The first leg of the flight was a separate booking, 55 min flight from Puerto princesa to Manila.... Was delayed 3.5 hours due to plane issue... So I miss my connecting flight... I get to Manila and the airline says because it's 2 legs they're not responsible at all... I fight this, I lose.. 

I Walk to Korean air, I spent 3 hours with them to try and rebook, no flight available for me for 4 days... Minimum, all overbooked. 

My only option was to purchase another flight on different airline.. Now I dropped a ton more money, have to fly to Hong Kong and then long layovers, just to get home. 

Airlines are the devil, they have no repercussions for their actions and it's so systematic that when there's a kink in the way things work, no one has any answer or clue what to do. 

Overbooking flights should be illegal, if I had any clout at all, I would try and force the issue, sadly I do not and here I am putting a claim on my chase travel card hoping to not eat a few grand just to not be stuck where I don't want to be. 

Rant over. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

image.png.b08bf0ee2c7a5bcf1b25497592c6ead7.png

No I really did win. My cat has no apparent recollection of the kitty crack. He is devouring his regular food and even appears to be fattening up a little, not that he needed it. Blood sugars are maybe a little more stable too.