Vanek to Detroit

PromoTheRobot

This signing will be the biggest bargain of the year. 

I don't think so. He's broken down and benched. About ready to pull a Moulson. Well that's not fair seeing he is on one year relatively cheap deal. I heard someone say after the Nielsen signing Detroit is desperate now. Here's to their string being broken this coming season. We're taking someone's spot and it may as well be theirs.

I don't think so. He's broken down and benched. About ready to pull a Moulson. Well that's not fair seeing he is on one year relatively cheap deal. I heard someone say after the Nielsen signing Detroit is desperate now. Here's to their string being broken this coming season. We're taking someone's spot and it may as well be theirs.

Vanek is far more talented than Matt Moulson ever was. There is no real comparison there. I expect Vanek to bounce back and put 30 goals this season. 

Last year Detroit was a .500 playoff team with their two top guys, Zetterberg and Datsyuk scoring a combined 29 goals. Vanek and Nielsen had a combined 38 goals. They are in transition with Larkin likely to big a bigger factor and still some cap room to make some more moves. They have 24 year old in net with Mrazek, if he continues to develop, the reports of the Red Wings demise will have been greatly exaggerated.   

Vanek is far more talented than Matt Moulson ever was. There is no real comparison there. I expect Vanek to bounce back and put 30 goals this season.

I agree that he is more talented than MM but Vanek hasn't scored 30 since 2010-11 season and seems to have packed it in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.