Darcy Regier Fired

Corp000085

I was just skimming the tsn website and i came upon this quote:

Canadian Press

4/1/2006 9:05:09 AM

BUFFALO (CP) - Amidst a 1-6-1 stretch, Darcy Regier has been relieved of his duties as General Manager of the Buffalo Sabres by team owner B. Thomas Golisano.

tsn.ca linkage

man alive. I thought the guy did a great job. Hmm. I don't know who quinn and golisano will get to fill the position, but i hope they do it soon. Wonder how this will affect the boys tonight in toronto. You know, i'll probably be really upset tomorrow or monday, but right now all i care about is beating the loafs.

Why would it? The team goes into a slump, so let's start firing people :rolleyes:

Relax people, just relax.

Whats a better way to shake up a team? I think everyone seems to be over rating Regier right now, and I think a prolonged slump or a disapointing first round exit from the playoffs (talking 4-0, 4-1 type exit) should call for some changes.

Whats a better way to shake up a team? I think everyone seems to be over rating Regier right now, and I think a prolonged slump or a disapointing first round exit from the playoffs (talking 4-0, 4-1 type exit) should call for some changes.

definitely...always fire a GM who is part of the bigger, long-term picture over a two-week losing streak. one of which I would remind everyone still has the Sabres in 4th place, so apparently the teams around us have not exactly been tearing it up either.

i wonder if muckler is next since the Sens lost two in a row especially with one of them coming against last-place capitals...

funny 3/4's of a good year and all of the sudden Regier is a freaking genius

The reason he would get fired is not because they are now in a slump, but because he did not try to improve this team at all and seemed to just wanna ride out the season with what he had. This slump is just bringing some of us back to reality and showing us that this team can be beat and does not look like it has the tools to make a run deep into the playoffs. We seen this year we can not beat Ottawa, struggled against Atlanta, NJ, and Carolina. So while they all tried to get better, we sat around and thought that we were fine.

Oh well, fine then, keep the coach, but no one complain when the team decides they were good enough to be a playoff team this year so they decided to just stay the same and hope they turn out better next year.

Archived