Who would be better to play in 1st Round...

Barnabov

Personally I'm still hoping for a Conference Title, Division Title and President's Trophy but say the standings maintain their current positions - who does everyone think would be better to play in the 1st round - the Rangers or Flyers?

Can't say that I like either particularly - but would have to go for Philly if pressed.

Will be interesting to see if physical (not in the sense of fighting) teams can knock out skill teams - similar to what Toronto has done to Ottawa in the best few playoffs. Guess it will depend on how the refs call the series. I hadn't seen a game in awhile (new baby, moving, etc.) and it seems like they've gone back somewhat to business as usual and were making less obstruction/interference calls. Curious to know what others think on that subject too...

Here's my list of potential playoff opponents, with those I would most like to see listed at the top and least like to see at the bottom. I probably give Montreal more respect than others give them, but that is primarily because they match the Sabres speed very well and Huet is a wildcard. Also, I might flip flop Atlanta & the Rangers, but for now, this is who I'd like to see.

TB

Philly

Atlanta

Rangers

Montreal

Carolina

NJ

Ottawa

Following the list idea this is how I would break it down with a little reasoning to some of them...

TB-

Philly- slow team with goalie issues who starts has been the question in philly these days.

Rangers- really only one scoring line to stop and lacks playoff experience but so do we.

Atlanta- They have been hot lately and have kicked us around, also there home ice will be a issue

Montreal- Division rivals aren't great for a first round, can lead to running outta gas in the next round.

Carolina- Head to head great series and I would love to watch it on TV, don't scare me as much as the next 2

NJ- Very clear here Brouder can steal a Cup, I really don't like that guy.

Ottawa- Had our number, the dominator, chara, speed, huge top line, shall I keep going???

Just a few ideas about each team not saying that more could be said about each team because Im sure there is a lot more out there. Also I notice that the leafs are left off the lists are they that far outta 8th now?

My List:

TB

Philly

Carolina

Rangers

Montreal

NJ

Atlanta

Ottawa

For some reason, I think Miller has a problem with Atlanta right now. Carolina and the Rangers are a toss-up. Huet and Montreal in general have had our number most of the season.

My List:

TB

Philly

Carolina

Rangers

Montreal

NJ

Atlanta

Ottawa

For some reason, I think Miller has a problem with Atlanta right now. Carolina and the Rangers are a toss-up. Huet and Montreal in general have had our number most of the season.

Not sure why you say Miller has an Atlanta problem, because Biron played (lousy) the last game against them last Monday.

Recap

Not sure why you say Miller has an Atlanta problem, because Biron played (lousy) the last game against them last Monday.

Recap

He pretty much went into his slump after the first game after the Olympics against them. Then, he doesn't get the start against them the next go around. Yep, it could be just the timing of the starts. But it was a feeling I had last week.

He pretty much went into his slump after the first game after the Olympics against them. Then, he doesn't get the start against them the next go around. Yep, it could be just the timing of the starts. But it was a feeling I had last week.

Not sure that the Thrashers caused that slump as much as the Olympic break did.

At this rate we will be playing Ottawa or Carolina as we will sink to 7th

You do realize that in order for the Sabres to sink to 7th, you need some combination of TB and/or NJ to win out and the Sabres to win less than 5 more games (out of 13), plus you need Philly and the Rangers to finish a few games stronger than Buffalo as well? Right?

I know you are being sarcastic, but the Sabres are still in an extremely enviable position, and I feel very sorry for Boston tomorrow.

Archived