Stanley Cup in Cicero, NY Sunday 5/6/12

johnyvegas

So i just found out that Cup is going to be 5 minutes from my house on Sunday. I guess there is a kid who won the Discover Card "Spend a day with the cup" essay contest. So it will be hanging at the Cicero Twin Rinks at noon tomorrow. FYI, Cicero is about 15 minutes North of Syracuse if ayone else want to see the cup live.

Having had the chance to see (and touch) the Cup several years ago (right at my place of employment!), my advice is that if you ever get the chance to go see it close-up, DO It! There is a definite vibe around the Cup - so much history, so many great names engraved on it. Seeing it held aloft by a Sabre captain on a parade float rolling down Delaware Avenue is still a dream (hopefully within reach).

Having had the chance to see (and touch) the Cup several years ago (right at my place of employment!), my advice is that if you ever get the chance to go see it close-up, DO It! There is a definite vibe around the Cup - so much history, so many great names engraved on it. Seeing it held aloft by a Sabre captain on a parade float rolling down Delaware Avenue is still a dream (hopefully within reach).

Just don't pull a Baba-booey and hoist it above your head yourself! :doh:

Awesome man!

I got a chance to see and touch it in 06-07. I never got my nerve up to touch it. Superstitious I guess.

As you might imagine, it feels cool - literally and figuratively. And I did not grab it and raise it over my head - I'll leave that to Mr. Pominville....

Awesome man!

I got a chance to see and touch it in 06-07. I never got my nerve up to touch it. Superstitious I guess.

Thx! And i debated for a while about whether to touch or not. Finally decided it was ok to hold it but not to kiss it (like so many other people were doing). I'll save that for when there's a team on the cup worthy of kissin'.

Archived