What are your thoughts about Darcy?

dudacek

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes your thoughts about Darcy?

• He's a solid GM who can bring us the cup
    • He deserves another season under Pegula, but it's his last chance
    • The sooner he's gone the better

Vanek has a abnormal skill set that makes it hard to place him in a great position on the PP. On one hand he has the touch for scoring deflection and garbage goals in front of the net on the other he has a lethal slap shot but not to strong on the one timers. He has a wildly inaccruate wrist shot to go along with a risky passing game. Ideally you have him in front or lurking at the net or higher up to act as a 2nd slap shot option after Erhoff. The half wall and handling the puck down low ill suit him cause he is a liabilty with his inaccuracy. He needs someone to play a game similiar to Briere so that he can go between his strengths. Ennis would seem to be the natural option going into next season for this role

Guest Sloth

I think he deserves another year. I don't think it's fair to look at his past when he spent years with a shoestring budget. This is his first full year to do what he wants, and besides Leino he's made some pretty damn good moves since Pegula got here.

And according to Ted Black, Buffalo could be as aggressive this offseason as they were last year. Could be exciting to see what move(s) Darcy makes. Possibly Vanek plus who knows what for a reliable center? And would Darcy be willing to go for Zack Parise? It'd be incredible if Darcy got a reliable center and a superstar winger. Odds of that happening are next to none, but do any of you think it'd be possible?

*Getzlaf is coming off a bad year. I'm sure he'd bounce back on a new team. Would like to see Darcy go for him.

That's fine, but why do we talk about someone being attacked and targeted by the opposition as a bad thing?

Give them something to worry about, it'll open up space for the other guys on the PP.

Surely, Vanek is not expected to be the only threat on the #1 PP unit?

As things are now, they're more than happy crosschecking Vanek to smithereens, and blocking average point shots.

No its's a great thing. Ijust don't think Vanek has the skill set which includes stick handling, passing or vision, to play that spot. To just stay in the Sabres' organization, guys like Perreault, Lafontaine. Hawerchuk or even Connolly could handle it. I just don't think that's Vanek's game. I would say drnkirishone does a good job of describing Vanek's skill set on the pp. He is uncanny tipping the puck and getting rebounds through when he can get to them.

To say "five" is a bit misleading. Rigas was already part of the ownership group when Regier and Ruff where hired, I believe they took over 100% control midway through Status Quo's first season. I am also assuming you are considering the NHL as one of the five, which is also misleading? Essentially we are talking only three ownership groups. Rigas/Adelphia, Golisano and Pegula. The Rigas family got this team to the Cup Finals and Golisano's ownership financed the Sabres best team over the past 15 years. And we now have Pegula. Over that time Regier had 100's of millions at his disposal that he misused.

The changes in ownership can't be seen as a negative to the Status Quo when each ownership brought more resources to the table. Post-Hasek, the results of the resources used, 4 playoffs in 10 seasons, is piss poor. This has been said and bares repeating, having an owner willing to throw away millions above the allowable cap to hide Regier's mistakes won't make Regier a better GM.

With the resources Pegula brings to the table makes it even more important to get someone in the GM position capable of using those resources wisely and maximizing the return on investment. There is a chance Pegula won't be around, or at least be willing to burn through his personal fortune, forever. I would hate to see that day come with seeing the resources he has allotted put to good use.

It's a myth put out there by those that wish to deflect blame away from those responsible for the Sabres failures over the last 15 years. Tim Rigas, Larry Quinn and who knows, someday it may be Ted Black, are boogie-men that have blocked Regier's greatest from rising to the surface. It is along the line of the imaginary "financial constraints" or "hand cuffs" excuse that some fans have clung to despite the Sabres spending near the top of the Cap since the Golisano regime.

Ok I'm not replying to the post, just your CONSTANT misuse of Status Quo. Status Quo are a ###### BAND, 'the status quo' means an existing state of affairs, please, PLEASE learn the difference, meaning and context of the term.

Sorry, it really bugs me.

Ok I'm not replying to the post, just your CONSTANT misuse of Status Quo. Status Quo are a ###### BAND, 'the status quo' means an existing state of affairs, please, PLEASE learn the difference, meaning and context of the term.

He uses it as something like a trademarked term. It bugs the hell out of me too, but for different reasons than it does you.

I'm adding new meaning and context to the term. Ask anyone on this board who Status Quo is and they will tell you it's Ruff, Regier and until last season Larry Quinn. The "existing state of affairs" or Regier and Ruff need to change. Therefore Regier and Ruff are the Status Quo. :flirt:

I'm adding new meaning and context to the term. Ask anyone on this board who Status Quo is and they will tell you it's Ruff, Regier and until last season Larry Quinn. The "existing state of affairs" or Regier and Ruff need to change. Therefore Regier and Ruff are the Status Quo. :flirt:

yup.

Archived