Myers to have Shanahan hearing

BetterDays06

That is fantastic.

nfreeman, Occam's razor is calling. Either Jeremy Jacobs has pictures of Shanahan acting out his David Frost side, or something happens to make the league look the other way with certain teams and especially certain players. I'm going with the latter, and I still don't think it's a conspiracy.

The problem with the "guess the suspension" blog is that quite a few of the clips are from last year -- i.e. pre-Shanny crackdown.

As for "conspiracy" -- we may be getting hung up on terminology. I'm using it interchangeably with the theory that the NHL favors certain teams, which I think is a technically correct usage of "conspiracy." You may disagree on the usage of the term, but I think I understand your position to be that the NHL intentionally disciplines certain teams more rigorously than others.

I find this to be simply not credible or realistic for many reasons, not least of which being the high likelihood that any such NHL position would eventually leak out to the public, which would immediately destroy the NHL's credibility and Bettman's legacy, and infuriate the other teams' owners, players, coaches and fans.

I suppose anything is possible -- even the Bills signing an elite UFA! -- but I have a very, very hard time believing that the NHL intentionally holds certain teams to different disciplinary standards.

To say that it hasn't improved is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? And also, you do realize that Campbell was also a former player, right?

Yep, perfectly aware. However, I believe he was far more removed from being a player when he took over that position. Shanahan is a bit closer to his playing days.

You guys read this: http://www.tsn.ca/bl...aser/?id=390346 ?

Interesting, Frasers articles are quite interesting.

Shanny is better than Bettman but his still making FAR too many mistakes like this. It really cannot be this difficult.

Myers suspension is fine. It was an illegal hit from behind. it's the lack of other suspensions for similar events or worse that are pissing people off. I think Fraser is spot on.. and I agree both should have been ejected from the game at that point.

The problem with the "guess the suspension" blog is that quite a few of the clips are from last year -- i.e. pre-Shanny crackdown.

As for "conspiracy" -- we may be getting hung up on terminology. I'm using it interchangeably with the theory that the NHL favors certain teams, which I think is a technically correct usage of "conspiracy." You may disagree on the usage of the term, but I think I understand your position to be that the NHL intentionally disciplines certain teams more rigorously than others.

I find this to be simply not credible or realistic for many reasons, not least of which being the high likelihood that any such NHL position would eventually leak out to the public, which would immediately destroy the NHL's credibility and Bettman's legacy, and infuriate the other teams' owners, players, coaches and fans.

I suppose anything is possible -- even the Bills signing an elite UFA! -- but I have a very, very hard time believing that the NHL intentionally holds certain teams to different disciplinary standards.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, but the relationship between the league and the Bruins does not pass muster on Conflict of Interest. I know they brought Shanny to address it, but He still works for Campbell. The only unbiased solution is to remove colin campbell from hockey operations entirely. Until then, that relationship is all anyone would need to make a reasonable case for Conflict of Interest, if not conspiracy.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, but the relationship between the league and the Bruins does not pass muster on Conflict of Interest. I know they brought Shanny to address it, but He still works for Campbell. The only unbiased solution is to remove colin campbell from hockey operations entirely. Until then, that relationship is all anyone would need to make a reasonable case for Conflict of Interest, if not conspiracy.

I agree completely.

Archived