Thoughts on Pominville's captaincy

Eleven

Jason Pominville was born exactly one month after me. I consider myself to be a leader, but I know for certain that if I were thrust into a leadership position among people I've been working with for my entire career, there would be some time to adjust for everyone. And I don't have the disadvantage of being raised in Quebec. I don't think that the time it took, considering the depth of adversity facing the team after 11/12/12 is really a mark on anyone's record. It may mean Pommer's not Mark Messier, but then again, no one is. The guy is everything you'd want in a military field officer. He's steady, solid as a rock, and highly skilled. He may need a sargeant to do the yelling when it is needed, but I don't believe my bromance with this guy is based on his stunning good looks. Pommer is clutch. He's the one who put the dagger in Ovi and co. Just like he did to Ottawa 5 years ago. He/they need some success as the finishing touch to what they have right now. If this team can get to at least game 6 of the second round, I expect a season for the ages next year.

Jason Pominville was born exactly one month after me. I consider myself to be a leader, but I know for certain that if I were thrust into a leadership position among people I've been working with for my entire career, there would be some time to adjust for everyone. And I don't have the disadvantage of being raised in Quebec. I don't think that the time it took, considering the depth of adversity facing the team after 11/12/12 is really a mark on anyone's record. It may mean Pommer's not Mark Messier, but then again, no one is. The guy is everything you'd want in a military field officer. He's steady, solid as a rock, and highly skilled. He may need a sargeant to do the yelling when it is needed, but I don't believe my bromance with this guy is based on his stunning good looks. Pommer is clutch. He's the one who put the dagger in Ovi and co. Just like he did to Ottawa 5 years ago. He/they need some success as the finishing touch to what they have right now. If this team can get to at least game 6 of the second round, I expect a season for the ages next year.

Looking at their play right now and the contracts that expire next season... I think next season is going to be their shot.

Archived