So has anyone had problems with online blackout restrictions

North Buffalo

Midway thru the third period the game froze and after refreshing my screen I got a blackout notice even though I cannot receive Islander games in my area unless I pay for a premium sports package on my Cable. An NHL representative named Derek tried to explain that if it is available on broadcast it is subject to blackout which is a bunch of bunk because it is not unless I pay twice. What kind of penny ante operation is the NHL running. I live more than 60 miles from the Island and don't get Islander or Devils games on basic cable and unless I buy the sports package then I can get all the MSG games except the Sabres games which is what I want and I paid for NHL online, not for Islander games.

What a joke and a misuse of the rules of blackout restrictions. Furthermore I was watching the game online until midway through the third. I don't get it. The NHL is still a third rate operation.

Midway thru the third period the game froze and after refreshing my screen I got a blackout notice even though I cannot receive Islander games in my area unless I pay for a premium sports package on my Cable. An NHL representative named Derek tried to explain that if it is available on broadcast it is subject to blackout which is a bunch of bunk because it is not unless I pay twice. What kind of penny ante operation is the NHL running. I live more than 60 miles from the Island and don't get Islander or Devils games on basic cable and unless I buy the sports package then I can get all the MSG games except the Sabres games which is what I want and I paid for NHL online, not for Islander games.

What a joke and a misuse of the rules of blackout restrictions. Furthermore I was watching the game online until midway through the third. I don't get it. The NHL is still a third rate operation.

I've actually had that problem before only with the Islanders. I called and it took the guy a long time to figure out it was on some random sports channel (not one of the local NYC sports networks).

Archived