Similar To The AFC This Year

CallawaySabres

Just like the NFLs Eastern Conference, I don't see any team dominating in the NHL. I think Boston is still the team to beat so Wednesday is more than just payback, it is a measuring stick to see if Buffalo has what it takes to beat them. Philly shows some holes and I can guarantee Capitals fans are more upset than anyone around here. Penguins are a tough out but have been off and on like Buffalo.

Bottom line, I think Boston surges to the top of the standings while Buffalo will be in a dogfight and lands anywhere from a 4 seed to an 8 seed. Lots of ups and downs with this team so get ready on a nightly basis to expect the unexpected....

But, but, we're clearly the better team based on the fact that we beat Boston so many times during the season last year. ( enter sarcasm emoticon here ). I agree with your post. Boston is clearly the better team right now. IMO they were the better team last year too but you'll no doubt get all the posters who will argue that the Bruins aren't really that much better based on the season series last year. They win when it counts and with their grit,determination and win at all cost mentality our fragile boys will have a hard time matching. I would love to see some redemption Wednesday and 2 points but the B'S are firing on all cylinders.

I agree no one is running away in the EC and hiding ... call it perity, or medeocrity.

Anyway, the usual teams will rise to the occasion in April, May and June. The Bruins are pretty much the same team that won the cup and I expect will be seriously in the running again this year, as they have been perfectly built to win in June. The Sabres certainly do not appear to be there yet.

I expect a spirited game from the Sabres against the Bruins, but will not be surprised if they come up short.

Archived