Salary cap trades are necessary

PotentPowerPlay22

Make a move for Stastny, the Avalanch are below the cap floor and need a netminder so give up as little as you can and add in NHL ready MacIntyre.

...so you want us to trade for a top line player give up as little as possible and toss in a no name netminder and somehow that will bring Colorado to the cap floor even though Statsny is worth 6.6 against the cap? Not to mention they traded for Varlamov and signed Giguire so why do they need goaltending? Never mind just shank me already :death:

If it's for a top line player it will be Pominville plus. (ex. Pominville, Sekera, 1st for Iginla) The salary is a virtual wash.

If it's simply to move cap space for picks it will be Morrisson to NYI, COL or PHX. Kotalik won't be traded, he has no value to any other team. I also think Kotalik will surprise some people and put together a good training camp and maybe earn a spot on the roster. I bet Darcy believes Al can be a 20 goal scorer again here and Ruff may use him on the point on the PP. If they feel this way, Boyes could be expendable. Personally I'd rather keep Boyes and put Kotalik in Rochester. Besides I'm sure someone will be injured up front early on so he'll get his chance.

Another possibility is moving Boyes to PHX for Stempniak or maybe even moving Boyes, 2nd, prospect for Hanzal.

well stempniaks gone... to Calgary ironically and now calgary has more cap space so now we can reverse cap dump on then... :wallbash: ...NOT

Archived