Buyouts?

stepped IN zhitnik

How many sabres have a buyout option? How do buyouts even worse? I'm slightly confined to think tpegs would do that to clean up dead weight? Like kotaweak? Maybe even Hecht or pommers? I highly doubt the latter 2 but I've recently come to expect the unexpected... I think we'll dump them for future draft picks for cap room

Buyouts at this point are silly because the numbers aren't large enough and the guys we'd be buying can just as easily be waived down to Rochester. Going down, if I recall correctly, when a player gets picked up, the team assumes the money completely (Morrisonn wants to be waived), so it won't surprise me when Shaone goes that way. Kotalik is likely to get stowed down there simply because we can, and he may get picked up too if someone thinks they can make him work for them. He has a NTC but that doesn't mean a team that still has room to make it to the cap floor (Not too many of those left now) doesn't try him on a lark.

As for the rest of the team, a lot of those one year numbers are going to hurt us more next year bought out than they do this year. It's possible someone gets moved to free up more space, but I don't see it happening via buy out. It'd be a trade, maybe a deck clearing (Boyes) to make some space for another center. But that's the only case I see us moving someone for space. We're going to come in at about 2 mil below the cap (ish) with Ales and Shaone's assignments and the 4 RFA signings. Plenty of wiggle room to bring up fill in guys when necessary, or to wiggle more (with deck clearing) near the deadline.

Darcy said there will be no buyouts. Maybe he said that to appease the players but I tend to believe him. All the players are eligible to be bought out.

Buyouts and offer sheets to other teams RFAs are two things that Darcy does not like to do. No matter who the owner is - they are just not things he likes to do. (Of course this is just my opinion.)

Buyouts especially I think will definitely be off the table now with Pegula and his family first thinking. How can you tell a player you consider him part of the family and then buy him out? Now perhaps there will be an occasional use of it if the player is in favor of it. Mostly I think you will see players being sent down no matter what they are paid. That is of course if the player prefers to make the NHL contract in the AHL rather then trying to move on to another team where they will get paid less after being bought out.

Archived