Did my ears deceive me? (RJ goal call in arena)

LTS

Well.. I know they had stopped the practice and I was one of the people who wrote in the suggestion box to add it back in.

What's even more surprising?

Last night I received an email from Ted Black thanking me for my suggestion. It states that many others asked for it and they implemented it last night. He also states it was great. I'd agree.

Now, it came from his email address and I'm assuming they just lined up all email addresses that asked for this and sent out a blast but you know what... it doesn't matter. It means they cared enough to respond to my suggestion and that's pretty damn cool in my book.

It was a practice they did for at least one season a few years ago (I don't remember which) and when I was at games it was simply electric to me. I never liked RJ growing up as I was a die hard Ted Darling fan. Now I struggle to watch a game when he's not calling it. He is an iconic play by play announcer and certainly a Sabres institution. When he leaves the Sabres will be a different team because he is the voice of the Sabres.

I don't know how long this fan love can hold up with the ownership (they are bound to run out of amazing changes sometime) but man.. I'm loving the ride right now.

Love the new change. Reminds me of the early 90's when I was more a Shark fan then a Sabres fan :thumbdown: (Misguided Youth)

I was watching the Canes game the other night and thought. I would listen to the versus guys to see what they have to say about our hockey club.....

It was awful, I felt as if I was stuck at a tupperware party with a bunch of women listening to them talk about this container and that. With RJ you can sense the rise and fall of the tempo of the game.

Also I think he has been rejuvenated himself since Pegs took over, just like the team.

Archived