Toto we are not in Kansas anymore!

hockeyhound

There are way too many jersey retirements in this league.

11 is definition of a number that should be retired — an elite NHL player that played the bulk of his career (or at least his best years) being a class act for the franchise.

18,14 and 7 are among my favourite all-time players, but they don't qualify — they needed to be at least one notch higher as players, or have had three or four more good years as Sabres.

16 was elite, and had he played here a little longer he would have been a no-brainer. I'm OK with it because he was such a great face for the franchise, but he really only had three good years here.

39 was the most dominant player ever for the franchise. The only roadblock here is his douchiness. It would debatable if he was to be the second or third player to go in.

But since the bar is Robert, Hasek certainly deserves it.

given the team's history with bad departures, i have a hard time believing his appearance warrants any boo birds. the guy almost single-handedly kept this a viable franchise for so long, and helped carry it as far as it's ever been towards it's first championship. all that, and he happens to be probably one of the top 3 goaltenders of all-time.

compared to slava kozlov, hasek deserves a frickin' parade.

Ah, but Pegula offering the olive branch will make the organization look good. I don't care what happened at the end of Hasek's tenure and who was at fault; he was one of the best players this team ever had, possibly THE best. If Pegula can use him to inspire the current team, I don't care who apologizes to whom.

The past is past. Use it to build the mystique of the team, not to stir dissension. Pegula knows this.

Good post.

I remember the positive. I'd cheer him with all I had... Life is too short to hold on to negative baggage...

And another one.

Archived