Briere's comments to Paul Hamilton last night...

SDS

Danny said when in Buffalo he would have seen Chara the whole time in a Boston series, because he was the guy the Sabres counted on. In Philly, he never saw him because they were more worried about Richards, etc... and that is what allowed him to perform for Philly the way he did.

Which always jived with my take on the situation - they (DB and CD) were our stars but someone else's 2nd and 3rd liners...

Or he's simply saying that for him to be a second liner on the flyers means the flyers are deeper than the sabres were when he was there. He has the luxury of being a second liner and not facing the other teams first shutdown guys. That doesn't say much for the sabres depth.which is probably what you're saying?

Or he's simply saying that for him to be a second liner on the flyers means the flyers are deeper than the sabres were when he was there. He has the luxury of being a second liner and not facing the other teams first shutdown guys. That doesn't say much for the sabres depth.which is probably what you're saying?

Sort of. We had great depth, but not great "height". Our stars were B-listers, but we had enough depth to "roll 4-lines".

In a way, he is confirming with his own analysis that he's not really a 1st line guy, but a more valuable guy deeper in the lineup. I guess it depends how much you want to pay for that.

man will people never stop dumping on this guy?

he was really valuable to our team and they let him go because they thought they could just keep turning the roster over cheap via the draft. they were sadly mistaken and now it's being proven. nathan gerbe my ass. and so the best chance we had in a generation to hoist the cup went down the shitter because the sabres axis of evil though they were smart enough to win playing small ball, and now we're in last place after 10 games.

but no, we don't need briere.

Its really a complement as to how the Sabres over-achieved (sp?) at that time....we didn't have that raw talent like the Flyers have now with Richards/Carter...etc.....Who do you credit for that? Lindy for getting the most out of them?? Maybe.....The players themselves? yeah, I think a little of both....

Its really a complement as to how the Sabres over-achieved (sp?) at that time....we didn't have that raw talent like the Flyers have now with Richards/Carter...etc.....Who do you credit for that? Lindy for getting the most out of them?? Maybe.....The players themselves? yeah, I think a little of both....

The fact that laying a hand on anyone, or getting in someone's way, was an automatic two minutes in a time where our PP didn't stink.

Archived