City of Buffalo gets a shot...

PASabreFan

Check out the story linked on the home page of this site (sabresreport.com)... Headline is "Stealthy Sabres." The writer points out all that the Sabres have overcome this year, then adds, "And, in perhaps the unkindest cut of all, they play in Buffalo."

Ahhhhhhhh. That's terrible. Maybe somebody should remind this jerk, in a long line of Buffalo-bashing jerks, how many prominent people in the hockey community, and former players, call the Buffalo area home.

You know, you could almost see a little slam from a writer who lives in Miami or Atlanta or LA. But Edmonton? Come on. Anyone remember the writer in Toronto who slammed Buffalo for being... cold?

You know, you could almost see a little slam from a writer who lives in Miami or Atlanta or LA. But Edmonton? Come on. Anyone remember the writer in Toronto who slammed Buffalo for being... cold?

I watched the Atlanta feed of last night's Ottawa game. In the 3rd period they were talking about some of Atlanta's other games. The commentator brought up Buffalo and talked about what a great surprise they were, how they're a very strong team, should do well, etc.....

He went on for about a minute it seemed. Was a pleasant surprise.

Check out the story linked on the home page of this site (sabresreport.com)... Headline is "Stealthy Sabres." The writer points out all that the Sabres have overcome this year, then adds, "And, in perhaps the unkindest cut of all, they play in Buffalo."

Ahhhhhhhh. That's terrible. Maybe somebody should remind this jerk, in a long line of Buffalo-bashing jerks, how many prominent people in the hockey community, and former players, call the Buffalo area home.

Here's my letter to Mr. Wise-A$$:

Dear Edmonton Sun,

Thank you for recognizing the success of Buffalo's Sabres ("Stealthy Sabres by Robert Tychkowski) but is there a rule in journalism that requires a writer to take a cheap shot at the city of Buffalo?

Mr. Tychknowski adding "having to play in Buffalo" to the list of handicaps the Sabres have to endure was cruel and inaccurate. Despite hard economic times, Buffalo is a wonderful city to live in. Why do you think many of Buffalo's former professional athletes and coaches, including the great Scotty Bowman, choose to live there?

Such smug condecension is expected from flashy sunbelt city papers, but from a Canadian paper? From Edmonton? Nature's Deep Freezer? The only city that makes Buffalo seem like Miami Beach? It's ironic the local paper is known as "The Sun" considering it's rarely seen in Edmonton.

I also recall the Edmonton came perilously close to losing the Oilers to Houston Texas not too long ago. Mr. Tychknowski ought to keep that in mind before Edmonton's pot calls Buffalo's kettle black!

PTR

Lighten up.

The City and County are under Control Boards. Delphi and other companies are on their way out. What do you expect from outsiders? I love this City as much as anyone. But you got to have a thicker skin. Bryon Brown seems to be a man who can get things done. The City and Region are long over due for a resurgence. I feel it coming. Going downtown to the Chip District, Allentown and the Elmwood Strip you will find many new businesses and palces to eat. Give it time and buy local.

Archived