Tyler Myers

rickshaw

So,

I am at work last night and I look up, wayyyy up, and see Tyler Myers standing there. I immediately went over to say hello and shook his hand. He was extremely polite. I told him I've been a fan of the Sabres since I was 10 and that I was very impressed with his rookie season.

He said he loves Buffalo and the organization and said it's top notch. I suggested the team needed some changes but he was quick to say he liked the team. He said the guys all get along very well.

I wished him well at the awards show and asked for a photo. He said no problem but he couldn't have any products in the photo. Some NHL'ers were in town and having a get-together. I'll let you guess where I work.

I asked him if it was a team thing or his doing. He said it was his doing, that he wants to maintain a positive reputation. I couldn't have been more impressed with the kid. No Patrick Kane type pics floating on the net for Tyler.

I was acting like a friggin school girl but he was cool about it. He said it was a pleasure meeting me and signed an autograph and was on his way.

He could tell I was a longtime Sabres fan and he was so mature about everything.

Great kid. Great kid. I'll try and get the pic posted, but my computer is down and I'm on a lender right now.

Anyway, back to the summer.

I asked him if it was a team thing or his doing. He said it was his doing, that he wants to maintain a positive reputation. I couldn't have been more impressed with the kid. No Patrick Kane type pics floating on the net for Tyler.

Awesome. Obviously you want great players on your team, but it's so much easier to enjoy the games when you know they're decent guys of the ice too.

Patrick Kane is the greatest player to ever come from Buffalo, but he has to ruin it by acting like a complete douche bag all the time.

So,

I am at work last night and I look up, wayyyy up, and see Tyler Myers standing there. I immediately went over to say hello and shook his hand. He was extremely polite. I told him I've been a fan of the Sabres since I was 10 and that I was very impressed with his rookie season.

He said he loves Buffalo and the organization and said it's top notch. I suggested the team needed some changes but he was quick to say he liked the team. He said the guys all get along very well.

I wished him well at the awards show and asked for a photo. He said no problem but he couldn't have any products in the photo. Some NHL'ers were in town and having a get-together. I'll let you guess where I work.

I was acting like a friggin school girl but he was cool about it. He said it was a pleasure meeting me and signed an autograph and was on his way.

He could tell I was a longtime Sabres fan and he was so mature about everything.

Great kid. Great kid. I'll try and get the pic posted, but my computer is down and I'm on a lender right now.

Anyway, back to the summer.

Nice! Thanks for the story. He sounds like a great kid.

Thanks for sharing the story man............ :beer:

No problem. The kid is wise beyond his years. He clearly hasn't let fame go to his head. He was respectful like you wouldn't believe. He is the future of this team and the Sabres better lock him long term. I say he's our next captain.

Archived