Classic Sabres games on iTunes

PASabreFan

Game 6 of the finals in 75, Game 6 in 99, a game against Montreal in the 93 playoffs (I think), the Hannan Game.

Yeah, I checked that out. Not too many old games. Gimme some Sabres 12, Wings 6 (the Soviet Wings, not the Detroit folks); gimme the win over Montreal in 1975 in game 6 of the semis; you know, some stuff I WANT to see, and don't remember.

I know about the sixth game of the finals in 75 and the no goal in 99 already. Don't need to see them again. Most of the stuff in the 90s and 00s I remember, or I was at (and really remember).

Hopefully, the iTunes library will grow. Thanks for pointing it out, PA.

Yeah, I checked that out. Not too many old games. Gimme some Sabres 12, Wings 6 (the Soviet Wings, not the Detroit folks); gimme the win over Montreal in 1975 in game 6 of the semis; you know, some stuff I WANT to see, and don't remember.

I know about the sixth game of the finals in 75 and the no goal in 99 already. Don't need to see them again. Most of the stuff in the 90s and 00s I remember, or I was at (and really remember).

Hopefully, the iTunes library will grow. Thanks for pointing it out, PA.

1.82 GB download though! Gonna take almost as long as the Sabres-Devils game to download. And it's a young(er) Mike Emrick, not Rick of course.

Game 6 of the finals in 75, Game 6 in 99, a game against Montreal in the 93 playoffs (I think), the Hannan Game.

Thanks for the tip! It looks like the Flyers and Stars games are from the NHL video series of Cup winners.... it is painful to imagine, but I have to admit that I am very interested in watching game 6 from 1975, if only to rekindle the memories of being 8 years old and watching hockey with my dad.

Thanks for the tip! It looks like the Flyers and Stars games are from the NHL video series of Cup winners.... it is painful to imagine, but I have to admit that I am very interested in watching game 6 from 1975, if only to rekindle the memories of being 8 years old and watching hockey with my dad.

It's always fun to watch for the quick whistles when the puck is against the boards, and the players piling off the bench when someone scores a big (non-overtime) goal. And other quaint things that are gone from the game. I'd never want to see that quick whistle again, but I'd love to see the bench-clearing celebration brought back.

It's always fun to watch for the quick whistles when the puck is against the boards, and the players piling off the bench when someone scores a big (non-overtime) goal. And other quaint things that are gone from the game. I'd never want to see that quick whistle again, but I'd love to see the bench-clearing celebration brought back.

Not to mention the über-toughness of all the helmetless players. And to note the very different style of goaltending back then... much more stand-up, even a bit stiff. The game was both fast and tough then, whereas now it seems most teams choose to be one or the other...

If only they could have scored on Bernie!

For all the great admiration there is for goalies like Dryden or even Hasek, can anyone think of a better playoff streak than Parent in 1974 and 1975. In the two cup-clinching game 6s for the Flyers, Bernie pitched two shutouts... 1-0 against the Bruins and 2-0 against the Sabres.

Not to mention the über-toughness of all the helmetless players. And to note the very different style of goaltending back then... much more stand-up, even a bit stiff. The game was both fast and tough then, whereas now it seems most teams choose to be one or the other...

If only they could have scored on Bernie!

For all the great admiration there is for goalies like Dryden or even Hasek, can anyone think of a better playoff streak than Parent in 1974 and 1975. In the two cup-clinching game 6s for the Flyers, Bernie pitched two shutouts... 1-0 against the Bruins and 2-0 against the Sabres.

I used to have a VHS tape of Game 6 in 75, and if my memory serves me correctly, the fans chanted Bernie, Bernie after the final horn. Something that would be almost unimaginable today. (And shrader's going to say it's unimaginable because Parent retired and the Aud was torn down. I know these people like I know myself.)

Parent was on a documentary on NHLN recently where he said at the very end of the Cup-clincher in 74, Bobby Orr flipped a bouncer toward him. But Parent said he was watching the scoreboard clock tick down to 4, 3, etc. He never saw the puck as it rolled wide of the net!

Might finally be time to upgrade that 300-baud modem, gramps :lol:

PA in his living room:

post-516-12760138214681_thumb.jpg

haha

I usually get a pretty decent 5 mbps. I quit about 2 hours into downloading it. Got to the first OT I think.

I used to have a VHS tape of Game 6 in 75, and if my memory serves me correctly, the fans chanted Bernie, Bernie after the final horn. Something that would be almost unimaginable today. (And shrader's going to say it's unimaginable because Parent retired and the Aud was torn down. I know these people like I know myself.)

Parent was on a documentary on NHLN recently where he said at the very end of the Cup-clincher in 74, Bobby Orr flipped a bouncer toward him. But Parent said he was watching the scoreboard clock tick down to 4, 3, etc. He never saw the puck as it rolled wide of the net!

Oh, they did... I remember that.

And I also remember during the last lockout, they showed the 1974 clincher on TV here in Philly, and Orr, who took a desperation penalty with about 2:10 left in the game, managed that last shot as he came out of the box....

Archived