Chico: Mission Impossible IS Possible

BillHoppe

Sorry Chico, the Isles aren't the only team to come back from a 3-0 deficit, so screw you. As time goes on other teams will repeat that feat, too. This argument sounds like it comes from those A-holes from the '72 Dolphins, who don't want anyone to recreate their perfect championship season. Someday that will fall too. Sour grapes? Sure, but that's a fan's prerogative.

Sorry Chico, the Isles aren't the only team to come back from a 3-0 deficit, so screw you. As time goes on other teams will repeat that feat, too. This argument sounds like it comes from those A-holes from the '72 Dolphins, who don't want anyone to recreate their perfect championship season. Someday that will fall too. Sour grapes? Sure, but that's a fan's prerogative.

That was my first impression too, though admittedly really only based on this quote: “I don’t think anybody really wants it to end that was an Islander.” And don't get me wrong, I have great respect for hockey players (especially those that played before my days), and no doubt coming back from 3-0 is a huge accomplishment -- but yeah, that quote kind of gave me the feeling that these guys hold on to their comeback like the Dolphins perfect season.. and frankly i think they are on entirely different levels. They can't really be compared, but let's say Philly loses in the ECF. Does the 3-0 comeback mean anything now???

however, great article Bill, it is interesting to get some insight from players who played long before I was born. very informative for me, trying to catch a glimpse of hockey history.

Archived